Pranita at the Cotton On Fashion Parade at Federation Square, Melbourne on 19 March 2011
|Born||Gemma Pranita Xumsai
1986 (age 27–28)
Gemma Pranita (born 1986) is a Thai-born Australian actress. Pranita was encouraged to join the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA) by her drama teacher, and from 1999 to 2003, she competed at state level in the Shakespeare Globe Association's annual Shakespeare festival. Pranita formed a theatre company called Cry Havoc! with her best friend in 2006. After graduating from WAAPA, Pranita joined the Bell Shakespeare theatre company. She has also had roles in the films, Crush and Resistance. In September 2010, Pranita joined the cast of Australian soap opera Neighbours as Jade Mitchell. She departed the serial in August 2012. Pranita is the founder of Gemma Peanut Gallery.
Pranita was born Gemma Pranita Xumsai in 1986 in Bangkok, Thailand, the daughter of a Thai father and an English mother. When she was twelve years old, Pranita and her family moved to Australia. Pranita took an interest in drama, art and music at her Sydney high school and she became friends with Kate Revz. Pranita's drama teacher encouraged her to apply to the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA). Pranita plays the guitar, composes music and she regularly performs in public.
From 1999 to 2003, Pranita competed at state level in the Shakespeare Globe Association's annual Shakespeare festival. In 2002, she was invited to join the company in their National production of Loves Labors Lost as a performer and score composer. Pranita and Revz formed Cry Havoc!, a theatre company, together in 2006. After she graduated from WAAPA in 2007, Pranita joined the Bell Shakespeare theatre company and she toured with them for eight months. She also played the lead role in Revz's short film, Hi My Name is Billy. The following year, Pranita joined the cast of thriller film, Crush. The film shot on location in Perth and Pranita played the role of the Nurse. Pranita plays the role of the Spanish Valentina Vega in the Australian Sci-fi film, Resistance.
In September 2010, a Herald Sun reporter announced Pranita would be joining the cast of Neighbours as Jade Mitchell, the younger sister of Sonya (played by Eve Morey). Pranita was in Russia researching Anton Chekhov when her agent called her to audition for Neighbours. The actress returned to Australia and her agent informed her that she could audition on the last day. Pranita won the role and she moved to Melbourne for filming within the week. Pranita initially signed a twelve month contract with the show. On 8 June 2012, Fiona Byrne of the Herald Sun reported Pranita would be departing Neighbours. Pranita stated that two years was long enough to play one character and she wanted to challenge herself to do other things. Pranita filmed her final scenes on 9 August. The actress appears in the short film Banter as Emma. Pranita will appear alongside fellow Australian actresses Teresa Palmer and Phoebe Tonkin in The Ever After directed by Mark Webber.
Pranita started a fashion and travel blog called Gemma Peanut Gallery in 2013. Pranita features posts of herself and friends including some of Australia's biggest starlets, from Margot Robbie, Rachael Taylor, Renee Bargh, Teresa Palmer and Phoebe Tonkin. 
|2007||Hi My Name is Billy||Short film|
|2010–12||Neighbours||Jade Mitchell||Regular role|
|2014||The Ever After||Naja||Pre-production|
- Blumer, Clare (23 April 2012). "Die hard Jai". The Global Mail. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- "Jade Mitchell played by Gemma Pranita". Holy Soap. Channel 5. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- "Who is Cry Havoc!". Cry Havoc!. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- "Gemma Pranita". Neighbours.com. Network Ten. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- "Gemma Pranita and Kate Revz". Cry Havoc!. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- Caccetta, Wendy (4 January 2008). "New movie Crush filmed in WA". The Sunday Times (News Limited). Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- Juddery, Mark (20 November 2008). "Resistance: TV for the naturally gifted". Total Sci-fi Online. Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- "Pranita moves into Neighbourhood". Herald Sun (The Herald and Weekly Times). 7 September 2010. p. 21.
- "One Door Closes and Another Opens!". Neighbours.com. Network Ten. 12 October 2010. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- Kelly, Kristy (8 February 2011). "'Neighbours' star nearly missed out on part". Digital Spy. Hachette Filipacchi UK. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- Byrne, Fiona (8 June 2012). "Neighbours star Gemma Pranita seeks new roles". Herald Sun (The Herald and Weekly Times). Retrieved 8 June 2012.
- "Jade star Gemma to exit Ramsay Street". Channel 5. Northern & Shell. 8 June 2012. Retrieved 8 June 2012.
- Millar, Paul (9 August 2012). "'Neighbours' Gemma Pranita bids farewell on last day as Jade - pic". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- "Banter". Ticktock Films. Retrieved 17 February 2013.
- "Marquee highlights volume 101: Actors & creatives". Marquee Management. 20 August 2013. Retrieved 18 October 2013.
- McNary, Dave (6 June 2013). "Teresa Palmer, Melissa Leo Starring In 'The Ever After'". Variety. Retrieved 18 October 2013.
- Kilby, Penelope (14 June 2014). “'The girl's a pro!' Actress Rachael Taylor showcases washboard stomach for shoot with Australian photographer Gemma Pranita at her Los Angeles home”. Daily Mail. Retrieved 12 July 9, 2014.
- Jacobs, Mark (28 November 2012). "Jai Courtney - Page - Interview Magazine". Interview Magazine. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- "Jai Courtney: Creepy crawlers terrify me". Belfast Telegraph. 18 February 2013. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- "Kyle & Jackie O's podcast #55" (Radio interview). KIIS 1065. 8 April 2014. Retrieved 23 May 2014. "at 45:50 "Kyle: Someone told me you're still with your long time girlfriend..." Jai: "I don't know where you're getting your infomation""