Jackie Chan Presents: Metal Mayhem
|Jackie Chan Presents: Metal Mayhem|
|Written by||Felix Chong
Chan Kiu Ying
|Directed by||Benny Chan|
|Running time||90 minutes|
In Hong Kong, FBI agents Ian Curtis, Jane Quigley, Ross Tucker, and Quincy are protecting a group of American scientists introducing the RS 1 battlefield robot at an international exposition of military gear. A group of arms dealer led by disgruntled RS 1 designer Kurt, and abetted by the drugged and mesmerized Hong Kong police detective Edison, steal the lethal robot in order to terrorize the city. When Edison's colleagues Match and Allen try to rescue him, all three young "Gen-X" cops find themselves the target of the FBI.
- Edison Chen - Edison
- Stephen Fung - Match Yeung (as Stephan Fung)
- Sam Lee - Allen Lee
- Richard Sun - Kurt
- Paul Rudd - Ian Curtis
- Maggie Q - Jane Quigley
- Ron Smoorenburg
- Mark Hicks - Ross Tucker
- Ricardo Mamood - Quincy
- Reuben Langdon - Mike
- Anthony Wong Chau-Sang - Dr. Tang
Metal Mayhem is the Americanized version of a Hong Kong film called Gen-Y Cops (sequel to the aptly named smash hit Gen-X Cops). It's unclear how the "Jackie Chan presents" label was justified, since he doesn't appear to have anything to do with the film. However, the label is an effective way to let American audiences know up front what kind of movie they're getting themselves into.
- Sullivan, John (February 11, 2002). "Jackie Chan Presents :Metal Mayhem: Hong Kong's coolest cops take on a robot gone wrong" (251). Science Fiction Weekly (SciFi.com). Archived from the original on February 1, 2003.
- Jackie Chan Presents: Metal Mayhem official site (Sci Fi Channel). Archived from the original on February 19, 2009.
- Gen-X Cops 2: Metal Mayhem at the Internet Movie Database
|This 2000s science fiction film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|