|Origin||Indianapolis, Indiana, United States|
|Genres||Blues, rock, country blues, country|
|Labels||Slippery Noodle Inn|
Gene Deer is an American blues, rock, and country musician/singer/songwriter based out of Indianapolis, Indiana. Regularly playing shows at the historic Slippery Noodle Inn in Indianapolis, he has recorded and released two LPs for the Slippery Noodle Sound label.
He was voted the "Best Local Blues Band" for nine consecutive years (1995–2003) by the readers of Nuvo Newsweekly.
In 2002, Gene was hired by Indy car driver Kenny Brack as band leader and musical director for Kenny Brack and the Subwoofers, which toured with the Indy Racing League in 2003. Kenny Brack and the Subwoofers released a CD "Live in Nashville" featuring former Lynyrd Skynyrd guitarist Ed King.
In 2007, he did a tour of South Africa with a support band called The Raging Calm.
- C'mon Back
- Nature of the Beast
- Don't Turn Your Back (on the Blues)
- Every'thang Gonna Be Alright
- Midnight Healing
- Be Set Free
- Deep River Blues
- That Ain't Why
- Erin's Blues
- My Baby She's Gone
- Whisper in My Ear (bills to pay, bye bye)
Livin' With The Blues
- Just Shoulda' Lay'd Off'a the Booze
- Too Far Gone
- I Want Out
- One Foot on the Road
- Good with the Bad
- Livin' with the Blues
- Smokestack Lightning
- Potato Soup
- Can't Afford to Pay the Rent
- Blues in the Afternoon
- Gene Deer official website
- Slippery Noodle Sound – The Slippery Noodle Inn's record label official site.
- IRL – Indy Racing League official website.
- Kenny Brack – Kenny Brack official website
- MySpace page on Myspace
- The Gene Deer Band on Facebook
|This article about a United States singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United States guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|