|Member of the Arkansas Senate
from the 25th district
|Arkansas House of Representatives|
|Born||October 18, 1948|
|Website||Jeffress for Congress|
Jeffress ran in the 2012 elections for the United States House of Representatives, representing Arkansas' 4th congressional district. He and Q. Byrum Hurst, Jr. defeated D. C. Morrison in the May 22 Democratic primary and advanced to the June 12 primary runoff election. Jeffress defeated Hurst in the runoff and faced Republican Tom Cotton in the general election on November 6, 2012, losing the race to Cotton.
- Arkansas Secretary of State - Unofficial primary runoff results
- "Gene Jeffress defeats Q. Byrum Hurst in District 4". todaysthv.com. 2012-06-13. Retrieved 2012-11-11.
- JEANNIE NUSS, Associated Press (2012-11-07). "Cotton defeats Jeffress to win Ark. US House seat". seattlepi.com. Retrieved 2012-11-11.
- [dead link]
- Nelson, Rex (2011-07-06). "A south Arkansas boyhood". NWAonline. Retrieved 2012-11-11.
- Gene Jeffress on Twitter
- Official Campaign Facebook Page[dead link]
- Official Arkansas State Senate website of Senator Gene Jeffress
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Gene Jeffress
- Campaign Contributions: 2008 2006 2004 2002 2000
|Arkansas State Senate District 25