Genealogies from Jesus College MS 20
|Genealogies from Jesus College MS 20|
|Manuscript(s)||Oxford, Bodleian Library, Jesus College, MS. 20, folios 33r–41r|
The genealogies from Jesus College MS 20 are a medieval Welsh collection of genealogies preserved in a single manuscript, Oxford, Bodleian Library, Jesus College, MS 20, folios 33r–41r. It presents the lineages of a number of medieval Welsh rulers, particularly those of south Wales. The manuscript was compiled in the late 14th century, but many genealogies are thought to be considerably older. The latest pedigrees to have been included in the tract are those of Llywelyn ab Iorwerth (d. 1240) and Rhys Gryg (d. 1234). It shares some material with the earlier Harleian genealogies.
- Siddons, "Genealogies, Welsh," pp. 800-2.
- Siddons, Michael. "Genealogies, Welsh." In Celtic Culture. A Historical Encyclopedia, ed. John T. Koch. 5 vols. Santa Barbara et al., 2006. pp. 800-2.
- Egerton Phillimore and J. Gwenogfryn Evans (ed.). "Pedigrees from Jesus College MS. 20." Y Cymmrodor 8 (1887). pp. 77–92.
- Online editions:
- Bartrum, P.C. Early Welsh Genealogical Tracts. Cardiff: UWP, 1966.
- Thornton, David E. Kings, chronologies, and genealogies: studies in the political history of early medieval Ireland and Wales. Occasional publications of the Oxford Unit for Prosopographical Research 10. Oxford: Linacre College, Unit for Prosopographical Research, 2003. ISBN 1-900934-09-4