From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up general in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A general is a high-ranking military officer.
General, or generals, may also refer to:
- One-, two-, four-, five, and six-star general
- Brigadier general
- Captain general
- Colonel general
- Divisional general
- General of the Air Force
- General of the Army
- General of the Infantry
- Grand general
- Lieutenant general or three-star general
- Major general or sergeant major general (or sergeant general, obsolete)
- Attorney general
- General Secretary, also first secretary
- Postmaster General
- Procurator general in the Catholic Church
- Superior general or general superior in the Catholic Church
- Surgeon General
- Vicar general
- Witchfinder General
- Washington Generals, an American exhibition basketball team, known for opposing the Harlem Globetrotters
- New Jersey Generals, a franchise in the defunct United States Football League
- Greensboro Generals, a minor league ice hockey team from Greensboro, North Carolina
- Oshawa Generals, a junior ice hockey team in the Ontario Hockey League
- The Generals, mascot of Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia
- The Generals, mascot of Washington-Lee High School in Arlington, Virginia
- The General (magazine), a wargame magazine published by Avalon Hill.
- General (video game), a turn-based strategic game developed by NewGame Software
- Command & Conquer: Generals, a computer game by Electronic Arts
- General, a character in the Mega Man X4 video game
- The General, the leader of the Sons of Samedi in the Saints Row 2 video game
- General (DC Comics), or The General, a comic book character
- General (G.I. Joe), the G.I. Joe team’s mobile strike headquarters
- General (newspaper), a Malayalam language daily newspaper in Kerala, India
- General (train), a passenger train operated by the Pennsylvania Railroad
- Generals (album), an album by The Mynabirds
- General Records, an American record label
- General snus, a popular brand of Swedish snuff
- General Tire and Rubber Company, an American manufacturer of tires for motor vehicles
- El General, a Panamanian artist
- General, the middle of three standard grade tiers of the Scottish Qualifications Authority's National Qualifications
- "Gold general" and "silver general", two game pieces in Shogi.
- Generalization, the American spelling of the use of "general" as an adjective
- The General (disambiguation)
- General-purpose (disambiguation)
- All pages beginning with "general"
- All pages with titles containing "general"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title General.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.