General Catalyst Partners
|Headquarters||Cambridge, Massachusetts, Palo Alto, California, New York, New York, United States|
|Key people||Joel Cutler, David Fialkow, Larry Bohn, Adam Valkin, David Orfao, Neil Sequeira, Hemant Taneja, Steve Herrod|
General Catalyst Partners is a venture capital firm focused on Early Stage and XIR/Growth investments. The firm was founded in 2000 in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and also has offices in Palo Alto, California, and New York City.
It has invested in companies such as Snapchat, Stripe, Airbnb, HubSpot, Datalogix and Warby Parker. General Catalyst also helps to incubate companies, examples including KAYAK, Naturebox, Altiscale and Highfive.
General Catalyst has ten managing directors:
- Larry Bohn
- Joel Cutler
- David Fialkow
- Bill Fitzgerald
- Steve Herrod
- David Orfao
- Neil Sequeira
- Brian Shortsleeve
- Hemant Taneja
- Adam Valkin
General Catalyst's entrepreneurs-in-residence have included Chris Hughes (co-founder of Facebook), Jeremy Allaire (co-founder of Allaire Corporation and Brightcove), and Naimish Patel (co-founder of Sycamore Networks).
Among the firm's notable investments are:
- Black Duck Software
- CCP Games
- Elemental Technologies, Inc.
- Hands-On Mobile
- Highwinds Network Group
- One Month
- Plum District
- Virtual Instruments
- ViTrue, Inc.
- Visible Measures
- Warby Parker
- "Strategy". Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "About". Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Contact Us". Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "General Catalyst Raises $675M Seventh Fund". All Things D. December 23, 2013. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Our Team". Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Steve Herrod Joins General Catalyst", TechCrunch, January 16, 2013
- Hemant Taneja: It’s About Building Relationships, The Wall Street Journal, September 4, 2013
- Facebook founder to join local venture capital firm The Boston Globe, March 18, 2009
- "General Catalyst Partners CrunchBase Profile". CrunchBase. Retrieved 2014-07-09.
- Boxee Adds $6 Million Second Round; Aims To Take On Microsoft, Apple In Living Room. Reuters, Aug 12, 2009 cached
- Former President of Tandberg Television, Reggie Bradford, Together with General Catalyst Partners, Launches ViTrue, Inc.: World’s First User Created Advertising Platform May 8, 2006
- WonderHowTo.com Soars Past 100,000 How-To Video Mark. Reuters
- General Catalyst Partners (company website)
|This article about a private equity or venture capital firm based in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|