Generation Investment Management
|Independent, private, owner-managed partnership|
London, England, UKClocations = 3 (London, New York)
|Al Gore, Chairman
David Blood,Managing Partner
Mark Ferguson, Co-Chief Investment Officer
Miguel Nogales, Co-Chief Investment Officer
Peter Harris, Chief Operating Officer
Peter S. Knight, President of Generation U.S.
Colin le Duc, Founding Partner
Mark Mills, Business Development
Number of employees
Generation Investment Management LLP (GIM) is a London-based investment management firm with an investment style that blends traditional equity research with a focus on sustainability factors, including social and environmental responsibility and corporate governance.
Generation Investment Management LLP is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK.
Generation has built a global research platform to integrate sustainability research into fundamental equity analysis. The firm focuses on the economic, environmental, social, and governance risks and opportunities that can materially affect a company's ability to sustain profitability and deliver returns.
Generation was founded in 2004 by Al Gore and David Blood and began investing client money in April 2005. With offices in London and New York,  the firm employs 55 people. Generation's Advisory Board, convened by Gore, helps set Generation's long-term thematic research agenda into global sustainability and renewable energy issues. Past areas of focus have included climate change, poverty and development, ecosystem services and biodiversity, water scarcity, pandemics, demographics and migration, and urbanization.
In November 2007, Generation and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB) announced a global collaboration to "find, fund and accelerate green business, technology and policy solutions with the greatest potential to help solve the current climate crisis." As part of the collaboration, prominent KPCB Partner John Doerr joined Generation's Advisory Board.
- The Alliance for Climate Protection (Repower America)
- World Resources Institute
- Natural Resources Defense Council 
- The Climate Project
- Mistra Foundation 
Generation Investment Management suggest use the funding opportunities from:
- "About Us", Official web site (Generation Investment Management LLP), retrieved May 25, 2010
- "About", Official web site (Generation Investment Management LLP), retrieved May 25, 2010[dead link]
- "Generation Investment Management and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers Create International Alliance to Accelerate Global Climate Solutions". Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Generation Investment Management. November 12, 2007. Retrieved May 25, 2010.
- Generation Investment Management
- Announcement of collaboration with KPCB
- Generation Investment Management Profile from the Financial Times (requires log-in)
- For People and For Planet, a 3/28/06 op-ed in The Wall Street Journal by Al Gore and David Blood
- We Need Sustainable Capitalism, an 11/5/08 op-ed in The Wall Street Journal by Al Gore and David Blood
- When Principles Aid Performance, an article about the firm from the Financial Times
- Generation Announces Plans For New Investment Management Firm, the November 2004 press release
- SEC Regulatory Information and Disclosed Holdings
- Al Gore's Inconvenient Profit