|Studio album by Metal Church|
|Released||October 22, 2013|
|Recorded||English Channel studio, Washington, U.S.|
|Label||Body of Work Recordings|
|Metal Church chronology|
Generation Nothing is the tenth studio album from American heavy metal band Metal Church. The album is their first after their late 2012 reunion, and their fourth and last to feature vocalist Ronny Munroe.
The band entered Kurdt Vanderhoof's English Channel studio in March 2013 to start work on the album. A late summer or early fall release date is expected. The album will be released on Vanderhoof's label, Body of Work Recordings.
On July 12, the album title was revealed.
In 2009, the Vanderhoof disbanded the band following the release of This Present Wasteland and their final performance at Rocklahoma that year. In 2012, it was announced that the band was reuniting for two shows on the 70000 Tons of Metal cruise. Ultimately, the band decided to stay together.
The band started mixing the album in mid June 2013. The album was released on October 22, 2013.
Generation Nothing has received positive reviews. Metal Underground rated Generation Nothing a 4 out of 5, and deems the album "a return to form and a return to relevancy," adding that it "has zero filler and consistently keeps you on edge." Ken Morton of Highwire Daze also praised the album, opining that it would both "impress the old school fans" and "gain this influential band a whole new set of converts ready to join the congregation."
Ray Van Horn Jr. of Blabbermouth gave Generation Nothing an 8 out of 10. He described the title track as "a headstrong beast of a cut," adding that much of the album "sticks to a straightforward power metal drive with heaps of resounding guitar intros and dense plods." He also deems the album "an agreeable career extension for Metal Church."
- "Bulletproof" - 4:08
- "Dead City" - 3:45
- "Generation Nothing" - 5:03
- "Noises in the Wall" - 8:55
- "Jump the Gun" - 5:35
- "Suiciety" - 5:42
- "Scream" - 4:22
- "Hits Keep Comin'" - 5:36
- "Close to the Bone" - 4:41
- "The Media Horse" - 5:07
- Kurdt Vanderhoof - Guitar
- Ronny Munroe - Vocals
- Rick Van Zandt - Guitar
- Steve Unger - Bass guitar
- Jeff Plate - Drums
- Andy Lye. "Jukebox:Metal review".
- "Reunited METAL CHURCH Begins Work On New Album - Mar. 13, 2013". Blabbermouth.net. Roadrunner Records. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Metal Church: New Album Title Announced - July 12, 2013". Blabbermouth.net. Roadrunner Records. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- "METAL CHURCH Begins Mixing New Album - June 16, 2013". Blabbermouth.net. Roadrunner Records. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- Interview with Ronny Munroe, by Grande-Rock.com retrieved on January 10th, 2014.
- "Metal Church: 'Generation Nothing' Track Listing Revealed; Audio Samples Available". Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved 24 August 2013.