From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up generic name in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Generic name may be:
- Generic name, name of a biological genus
- Generic name, International Nonproprietary Name for a drug
- Generic name, name of a generic drug
- Generic brand name
- Generic term, a common name used for a range or class of similar things not protected by trademark
- Generic trademark, a brand name that has become the generic name for a product or service
- A placeholder name, referring to nobody in particular, such as Joe Bloggs or John Q. Public
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.