Genes & Development
|Genes & Development|
|Abbreviated title (ISO 4)||Genes Dev.|
|Discipline||Molecular biology, developmental biology, genetics, cell biology|
|Edited by||Terri Grodzicker|
|Publisher||Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press (United States)|
|Open access||Delayed, after 6 months|
Genes & Development is a peer-reviewed scientific journal covering molecular biology, molecular genetics, cell biology, and development. It was established in 1987 and is published twice monthly by Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press in association with The Genetics Society.
According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2012 impact factor of 12.44, ranking it 14th out of 181 journals in the category "Cell Biology", third out of 40 journals in the category "Developmental Biology", and 7th out of 158 journals in the category "Genetics & Heredity". Over 1999–2004, the journal was ranked fifth in the "Molecular Biology and Genetics" category according to ScienceWatch, with an average of 47 citations per paper. All issues are available online via the journal website as PDFs, with a text version additionally available from August 1997. Content over 6 months old is freely available.
- "About the Journal". Genes & Development. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Cell Biology". 2011 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2012.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Developmental Biology". 2011 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2012.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Genetics & Heredity". 2011 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2012.
- http://archive.sciencewatch.com/jan-feb2005/sw_jan-feb2005_page1.htm[dead link]
- "Genes & Development Editorial Board". Genes & Development. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press. Retrieved 2012-12-22.