Genesis Communications Network
|Type of site||Independent Radio Network|
|Owner||Ted Anderson, Genesis Communications Network Inc.|
The Genesis Communications Network, sometimes referred to as GCN, is an independent radio network created in 1998, owned by Ted Anderson. The network currently produces over 55 shows, distributed on more than 750 radio stations nationwide while also airing a handful of programs on America's Talk Radio as well as on shortwave. Program topics include; politics, finances, entertainment, gardening, home improvement, auto repair, health, paranormal, conspiracy and any and all hot "trending" topics. Most of the network's weekday programs take a strong libertarian/far-right (though generally not anarchist) political stance, often referring to or discussing issues such as limited government, monetary systems (particularly support for returning to a metallic standard), and the United States Constitution. Conspiracy theories are frequent topics on GCN, more so than on mainstream conservative talk radio.
The network's shows include:
- Alex Jones Show. Hosted by noted civil libertarian and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones. Arguably GCN's flagship program, Jones's program airs from noon to 3 p.m. Eastern Time (although many of his stations tape-delay the program or air it only on weekends because it airs at the same time as The Rush Limbaugh Show).
- Baldwin McCullough Show. Hosted by actor Stephen Baldwin and Kevin McCullough.
- Free Talk Live. Hosted by Libertarians Ian Freeman & Mark Edge.
- Freedom Feens. Weekend show hosted by Libertarians Michael W. Dean and Neema Vedadi.
- Good Day. Morning show hosted by Doug Stephan.
- The Jason Lewis Show. Hosted by America's Mr. Right. Jason Lewis was formerly syndicated on Premiere Radio Networks.
Jeff Rense was carried by Genesis Communications Network after the Premiere Radio Networks, which dropped it the late 1990s. GCN took over distribution at that time, and carried the show through August 2009, at which point he pulled the show from the network after he accused fellow GCN host Alex Jones of terrorizing his family.
The network distributes its content on over 500 A.M. & F.M. radio stations in the United States and can also be heard worldwide through Live internet streams; 24/7 On Demand, Program archives, Podcast, GCN iPhone App via Apple iTunes & GCN Android App via Google Android Market.
- "Alex Jones threatens Jeff Rense, has him kicked off GCN | Peace . Gold . Liberty". Dailypaul.com. Retrieved 2012-12-08.