|Headquarters||Santa Clara, California, US, Neihu District, Taipei City, Taiwan R.O.C., Markham, Ontario, Bangalore, India|
|CEO: Elie Antoun, OOO: Michael Lin & Tommy Lin|
|Products||Semiconductor components, integrated circuits |
|Revenue||236.98 million USD (2006) |
|Owner||ST Microelectronics (since Dec 11, 2007)|
Number of employees
|563 (2006) |
Genesis Microchip Inc. was a supplier of integrated circuits (ICs) for video processors in flat panel LCD TVs and Monitors. It was founded in 1987 by Paul Russo  in Markham, Ontario, Canada and it became a public company in 1998  and employed over 500 people (2006) worldwide. In 2002, Genesis acquired Sage Inc., a leading supplier of digital display technology. Two years earlier, Sage had acquired Faroudja which was known for its Emmy Award  winning video processing technology. Key video processing technology includes: DCDi, MADi, image scaling (key industry patent), color management, LCD response time compensation, and founders of DisplayPort interconnect technology now a VESA standard.
On December 11, 2007, ST Microelectronics announced the acquisition of Genesis Microchip.
- Genesis Microchip Inc. "Annual Report 1998 (Form 20-F)". SEC US Securities Exchange Commission.
- Genesis Microchip Inc. "Annual Report 2006 (Form 20-F)" (PDF). Corporate IR.
- Genesis Microchip Inc. "Genesis Microchip Website". Genesis Microchip Inc.
- Yahoo and SEC. "Yahoo Finance Summary and reports on GNSS". Yahoo.
- VESA. "VESA Unveils Display Port (v1.1) Standard's CE Convergence Roadmap: Features Seamless Connectivity for TV's, Monitors, and Projectors". VESA.
- PR Newswire. "STMicroelectronics To Acquire Genesis Microchip". CNNMoney.com.