|Industry||Real-time collaboration services|
|Headquarters||Montpellier, France and Vienna, Virginia, USA|
|Revenue||EUR 141.6 Million (2006)|
|Employees||~1000 (Dec 2006)|
Genesys is a multimedia collaboration and conferencing services company. The company’s primary product, Genesys Meeting Center, is a unified collaboration solution delivered as "software as a service".
Its products also Genesys Event Services and Genesys Video Services.
Genesys Conferencing was created in 1986 by Bernard Brabet, in Montpellier (France).
In 1988, the company launched the world’s first fully automated audio conferencing service.
In 1992, Genesys Conferencing started its European expansion, followed by the penetration of the Asia-Pacific and North American markets in 1997 and 1998 respectively. Today, the company has a presence in 24 countries throughout the world, and continues to enter new markets.
In 2001, the company launched the industry’s first integrated audio, web and video conferencing service: Genesys Meeting Center. At the same time, the company doubled its size and further established its North American presence through the acquisitions of Vialog Corporation and Astound Incorporated.
In 2006, Genesys Conferencing introduced the fourth generation of Genesys Meeting Center with a new User Interface integrating both traditional telephony and VoIP.
On February 19, 2008, West Corporation and Genesys announced that West will seek to acquire Genesys and combine it with InterCall, Inc., a West subsidiary.
On May 23, 2008 West Corporation closed the acquisition of Genesys Conferencing.
Genesys Meeting Center is collaboration service, combining PSTN, VoIP and streaming media voice access with video and web conferencing. Moderators can deliver presentations, share documents or applications in real time or they can record their meetings for playback later. Genesys was an early adopter of AJAX technologies for true ubiquitous participant access. I.e. no software download is needed to participate with a full multimedia experience.
Genesys Event Service is an all-inclusive integrated multimedia conferencing offering, combining Web, audio, presentation options, participant registration and interaction. This service is predominantly used for larger meetings and typically includes operator assistance.
Genesys Video Services is designed to manage all aspects of a video conference, from room booking and dispatch of attendee invitations to conference monitoring and reporting, entirely from the desktop.
Board of Directors Current members of the Board of Directors of Genesys Conferencing are: François Legros, Bo Dimert, Timothy Samples, David Detert, Patrick S Jones and Frédéric Spagnou.
- François Legros, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
- Jim Huzell, President
- Shelly Robertson, EVP Chief Operating Officer
- Andrew Lazarus, EVP Chief Financial Officer
- Jim Lysinger, EVP Sales & Marketing
- Stephen Sperling, EVP Productions & Infrastructure
- Denise Persson, EVP Marketing
- Olivier Fourcade, EVP Asia-Pacific
- "Friendly Tender Offer By West Corporation For Genesys Conferencing". 2008-02-19. Retrieved 2008-02-20.[dead link]
- InfoWorld review of Genesys Meeting Center 4.0
- Multimedia conferencing services review on Internet Telephony
- Genesys Conferencing: Combo Platter
- 2003 European IST Prize Winner
- BBC NEWS | Business | Video conferencing on the up (Video)
- PC Magazine review of Genesys Meeting Center 3.0
- Genesys mentioned in conferencing article of Phone+
- Symbian DevZone - Genesys - Global Conferencing for the Symbian OS