January 8, 1981 |
Danville, California, USA
|Spouse(s)||Jared Padalecki (2010-present)|
Genevieve Cortese, also known as Genevieve Padalecki (born January 8, 1981), is an American actress known for her role on the television series Wildfire as Kris Furillo. She is also known for her recurring role in Supernatural as Ruby. She is married to Supernatural star Jared Padalecki.
Life and career
Cortese was born in Danville, California, and at 13 moved with her family first to Montana and then to Sun Valley, Idaho. She holds a B.A. degree in English and a B.F.A. degree in drama from the Tisch School of the Arts, New York University.
Before making her television debut as Kris Furillo, Cortese performed in regional theater productions of A Midsummer Night's Dream, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Crimes of the Heart, and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
Cortese married actor Jared Padalecki on February 27, 2010 in Sun Valley, Idaho. On October 10, 2011, the couple announced they were expecting their first child. On March 19, 2012, she gave birth to a son, Thomas Colton Padalecki. The couple had a second son, Shepherd Padalecki, on December 22, 2013. 
|2005||Kids in America||Ashley Harris|
|2006||Bickford Shmeckler's Cool Ideas||Toga girl|
|2006||Life Is Short||Ashley||Short film|
|2005||Dead Zone, TheThe Dead Zone||Chloe Greeg / Laura Tierney||Episode: "Still Life"|
|2005-2008||Wildfire||Kris Furillo||Lead role (51 episodes)|
|2008-2009||Supernatural||Ruby||Recurring role (11 episodes)|
|2009-2010||FlashForward||Tracy Stark||Recurring role (10 episodes)|
- A Midsummer Night's Dream
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
- Crimes of the Heart
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
- "Genevieve Cortese: Biography". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2013-12-24.
- Peterson, Karla (18 September 2008). "Supernatural: Lazarus Rising". Union Tribune. weblog.signonsandiego.com. Retrieved 16 June 2011.
- Blake, Katie. "Why Supernatural Fans hate Ruby 2.0- and the demons they do like". MultipleVerses. multipleverses.com. Retrieved 16 June 2011.
- Serpe, Gina (March 1, 2010). "Jared Padalecki's Supernatural Wedding Ceremony". E! Online. Retrieved 2011-01-13.
- "Jared Padalecki Names Newborn Son Thomas Colton!". US Weekly. March 21, 2012.