|Gennady Mikhailovich Manakov|
|Nationality||Soviet / Russian|
1 June 1950 |
|Rank||Colonel, Soviet Air Force|
Time in space
|309d 21h 18m|
|Missions||Soyuz TM-10, Soyuz TM-16|
Gennadi Mikhailovich Manakov is a former cosmonaut who commanded two Soyuz flights.
Mankov was born in Yefimovka, Orenburg Oblast, Russian SFSR on 1 June 1950. He was selected on 2 September 1985 and flew as Commander on Soyuz TM-10 and Soyuz TM-16, retiring on 20 December 1996. He is married with two children.
During his career he was awarded:
- Hero of the Soviet Union
- Pilot-Cosmonaut of the USSR
- Order of Military Merit
- Order of Lenin
- Order of Friendship of Peoples
- Medal "For Merit in Space Exploration"
- Officer of the Legion of Honour (France)
- "astronautix.com: Manakov (mission chronology)".
- "Manakov Gennadi Mikhailovich".
- "Gennadi Mikhailovich Manakov, colonel/cosmonaut, Soyuz TM-10, TM-16 June 1 in History".
- "Cosmonaut Biography: Gennadi Manakov".
|This Russian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|