Contract Research Organization
|Headquarters||Shameerpet, Hyderabad, Telangana|
Genome Valley is an Indian high-technology business district spread across 600 km² in Hyderabad, Telangana. Covering Shameerpet, Medchal, Uppal, Patancheru, Jeedimetla, Gachibowli and Keesara, the Valley has developed as a cluster for Biomedical research, training and manufacturing. The biocluster at Shameerpet holds Certification mark by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and the European Union.
The IKP Knowledge Park spread over 200 acres in Shameerpet-Turkapally, is a joint initiative of ICICI Bank. With five "innovation corridors", IKP is touted as "the first of its kind knowledge-nurturing centre for Indian companies and a knowledge gateway for multinational companies". The first phase of Innovation Corridor I, comprising 10 laboratories, around 3,000 ft² (300 m²) each, is operational and fully occupied. The second phase of Innovation Corridor I, comprising 16 laboratory modules of 1,700 ft² (170 m²) each, is ready for operation.
The Alexandria Knowledge Park spread over 300 acres in Shameerpet-Turkapally, is developed in a Public Private Partnership mode. The Park has developed as a cluster of life science companies - from large multinationals to start-ups. It accommodates advance research and development infrastructure in multiple formats like multi-tenanted research buildings, incubation facilities, build-to-suit blocks and industrial plots. The Park has been developed in two phases. Phase I covers approximately 145 acres and Phase II covers approximately 162 acres of land.
Special economic zones
- Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation, SEZ,
- Lonza Group, SEZ
- Alexandria SEZ
Global Centers of Excellence in R & D
Contract Research Organizations
- Department of Biotechnology
- Pharmaceutical industry in India
- Drugs Controller General of India
- HITEC City
- Special Correspondent (2011-11-22). "Today's Paper / NATIONAL : BioAsia-2012 to focus on vaccines, IPR, CROs and investments". The Hindu. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "BioSpectrumIndia - the business of biotech - Moving Towards Consolidation". Biospectrumindia.ciol.com. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- Our Bureau (2012-02-12). "Business Line : Industry & Economy / Economy : AP Govt making policies more industry-friendly, says CM". Thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- Our Bureau. "Business Line : Industry & Economy News : Tag from US lab may help drug-makers find markets". Thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- Hyderabad's Genome Valley gets US certification, Indo Asian News Service Friday, July 06, 2007 | publisher=india-forums.com/news/business/39156-hyderabad-genome-valley-gets-us-certification.htm
- Genome Valley
- Allotment 30 Acres of Land in the “Genome Valley”
- "The Hindu Business Line : Alexandria Real Estate of US to invest in AP biotech cluster". Thehindubusinessline.in. 2010-02-04. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- US Pharmacopeia to set up lab in Hyderabad
- 'Lonza is investing Rs.405 cr in India' - BioSpectrumIndia
- "Novartis India Limited, Amit Kumar, Dr Anuradha Sinha". Businesswireindia.com. 2009-08-13. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- Bayer launches multi-crop breeding station in Hyderabad | Business Line
- Udgirkar, Trushna. "Biocon to spend Rs 200 cr on R&D, manufacturing". mydigitalfc.com. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- Our Bureau. "Business Line : Industry & Economy / Agri-biz : Monsanto opens Rs 28 cr seed conditioning facility at Shamirpet". Thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "Merck completes talks with IKP on R&D unit". The Hindu (Chennai, India). February 18, 2007.
- "Covidien's New R&D Centre in Hyderabad - Express Healthcare". Expresshealthcare.in. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- Rs 380-cr stem cell bank to come up in Hyerabad | Business Line