Contract Research Organization
|Headquarters||Shameerpet, Hyderabad, Telangana|
Genome Valley is an Indian high-technology business district spread across 600 km² in Hyderabad, Telangana. Covering Shameerpet, Medchal, Uppal, Patancheru, Jeedimetla, Gachibowli and Keesara, the Valley has developed as a cluster for Biomedical research, training and manufacturing. The biocluster at Shameerpet holds Certification mark by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and the European Union.[unreliable source?]
The IKP Knowledge Park spread over 200 acres in Shameerpet-Turkapally, is a joint initiative of ICICI Bank. With five "innovation corridors", IKP is touted as "the first of its kind knowledge-nurturing centre for Indian companies and a knowledge gateway for multinational companies". The first phase of Innovation Corridor I, comprising 10 laboratories, around 3,000 ft² (300 m²) each, is operational and fully occupied. The second phase of Innovation Corridor I, comprising 16 laboratory modules of 1,700 ft² (170 m²) each, is ready for operation.
The Alexandria Knowledge Park spread over 300 acres in Shameerpet-Turkapally, is developed in a Public Private Partnership mode. The Park has developed as a cluster of life science companies - from large multinationals to start-ups. It accommodates advance research and development infrastructure in multiple formats like multi-tenanted research buildings, incubation facilities, build-to-suit blocks and industrial plots. The Park has been developed in two phases. Phase I covers approximately 145 acres and Phase II covers approximately 162 acres of land.
Special economic zones
- Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation, SEZ,
- Lonza Group, SEZ
- Alexandria SEZ
Global Centers of Excellence in R & D
Contract Research Organizations
- Department of Biotechnology
- Pharmaceutical industry in India
- Drugs Controller General of India
- HITEC City
- Special Correspondent (2011-11-22). "Today's Paper / NATIONAL : BioAsia-2012 to focus on vaccines, IPR, CROs and investments". The Hindu. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "BioSpectrumIndia - the business of biotech - Moving Towards Consolidation". Biospectrumindia.ciol.com. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- Our Bureau (2012-02-12). "Business Line : Industry & Economy / Economy : AP Govt making policies more industry-friendly, says CM". Thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- Our Bureau. "Business Line : Industry & Economy News : Tag from US lab may help drug-makers find markets". Thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- Hyderabad's Genome Valley gets US certification, Indo Asian News Service Friday, July 06, 2007 | publisher=india-forums.com
- Genome Valley
- Allotment 30 Acres of Land in the “Genome Valley”
- "The Hindu Business Line : Alexandria Real Estate of US to invest in AP biotech cluster". Thehindubusinessline.in. 2010-02-04. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- US Pharmacopeia to set up lab in Hyderabad
- 'Lonza is investing Rs.405 cr in India' - BioSpectrumIndia
- "Novartis India Limited, Amit Kumar, Dr Anuradha Sinha". Businesswireindia.com. 2009-08-13. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- Bayer launches multi-crop breeding station in Hyderabad | Business Line
- Udgirkar, Trushna. "Biocon to spend Rs 200 cr on R&D, manufacturing". mydigitalfc.com. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- Our Bureau. "Business Line : Industry & Economy / Agri-biz : Monsanto opens Rs 28 cr seed conditioning facility at Shamirpet". Thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "Merck completes talks with IKP on R&D unit". The Hindu (Chennai, India). February 18, 2007.
- "Covidien's New R&D Centre in Hyderabad - Express Healthcare". Expresshealthcare.in. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- Rs 380-cr stem cell bank to come up in Hyerabad | Business Line