||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014)|
|Birth name||Geoffrey Raymond Achison|
5 August 1965 |
Cowes, Phillip Island, Victoria, Australia
|Genres||Blues, soul, funk, blues rock, jazz, acoustic blues|
|Instruments||Guitar, vocals, bass guitar, double bass|
|Years active||1989 present|
|Labels||Jupiter 2 Records, Zyx, Black Market Music|
|Associated acts||The Souldiggers, Geoff Achison Band, Dutch Tilders & The Blues Club, Classically Blue, Box of Blues, The UK Souldiggers|
Geoff Achison (born 5 August 1965 in Cowes, Phillip Island) is an independent Australian Melbourne-based singer/songwriter guitarist, whose artistic focus is of the blues, blues rock and soul genres. Geoff performs in two modes – as a solo artist performing and singing with acoustic guitar, and bandleader as a singer/electric guitarist.
- Wangaratta Jazz Festival
- Sydney Blues Festival
- Bendigo Blues and Roots Festivals,
- Manly Jazz Festival 1998/99;
- the Thredbo Blues Festivals of 2011, and 2001, 1995–98 performing as the “Classically Blue" Trio with violinist Adrian Keating and Bass player Steve Sampson;
- the Sydney Festival's 2001 'Jazz in the Domain' performing as 'Classically Blue'.
After performing with Dutch Tilders, Achison formed his band 'the Souldiggers' and produced his first album, Big Machine in 1994. It is featured in the National Library of Australia. By 2002, membership of 'The Souldiggers' included Gerry Pantazis and two ex-members of Little River Band: bassist Roger McLachlan, and keyboardist Mal Logan.
In 1995 the Melbourne Blues Appreciation Society sent Geoff to the Memphis International Blues Challenge, where he won the Albert King Award  for the most promising guitarist of the finals. He received a Gibson Nighthawk guitar and signed an endorsement contract with Gibson Guitar Corporation following the event.
He was awarded London-based Jazz FM's Album of the Month in 1999, for 'Mystery Train'. Achison, along with the Souldiggers, won 'Group of the Year' at the 2007 Australian Blues Music 'Chain' Awards.
The Melbourne Blues Appreciation Society has awarded Geoff Male Artist of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year and Band of the Year 2012
|Dutch Tilders & The Blues Club||Blues Is My Life||1989||Blues Club Records|
|Real Australian Blues Vol 1 (compilation)||1992|
|Live at the Station||1995||Blues Club Records|
|One More Time||2001||Independent|
|Classically Blue||Classically Blue||1994||Larrikin||with Violinist Adrian Keating, Sydney Souldiggers and String Quartet|
|You Get That||1998||Larrikin|
|Classically Blue 'Live at the Basement' DVD/CD||2012||Jupiter 2 Records|
|Geoff Achison Band||Big Machine||1994||Jupiter 2 Records/Larrikin|
|Genevieve||1995||Jupiter 2 Records|
|Real Australian Blues Vol 3 (compilation)||1997|
|Geoff Achison (solo acoustic)||Real Australian Blues Vol 2 (compilation)||1993|
|Mystery Train||1996||Jupiter 2 Records/Newmarket|
|Acho Solo||2007||Jupiter 2 Records|
|Live at Burrinja Cafe||2011||Jupiter 2 Records|
|Geoff Achison & The Souldiggers||Gettin' Evil||1999 (US)||Jupiter 2 Records|
|Live at St Andrews||2000 (Aus)||Jupiter 2 Records|
|Souldiggin' In The UK||2001||Powerhouse Records|
|Chasing My Tail||2002 (UK)||Jupiter 2 Records|
|Each Long Day||2002 (UK)||Powerhouse Records|
|Little Big Men||2005 (Aus)||Jupiter 2 Records|
|Souldiggin' DVD/CD||2005 (Aus)||Jupiter 2 Records|
|One Ticket One Ride||2009 (US)||Jupiter 2 Records/Black Market Music|
|Live at Guitars Across The Bay||2010 (Aus)||Jupiter 2 Records|
|20th Anniversary Concert double disc DVD/CD set||2014 (Aus)||Jupiter 2 Records|
|Randall Bramblett & Geoff Achison||Jammin' In The Attic||2010 (US)||Hittin' The Note Records|
|Chris Wilson & Geoff Achison||Box of Blues||2012||Jupiter 2 Records||Feat: Chris Wilson – Geoff Achison – Mal Logan – Roger McLachlan – Gerry Pantazis
with Shannon Bourne & Kerri Simpson
- "working with Dutch Tilders".
- "press release Wangaratta Jazz Festival".
- "press release Sydney Blues Festival".
- "Artist and Band lists".
- "Description and Album Cover of Big Machine".
- "Big Machine on file in the National Library of Australia".
- "Staff artist page on furpeaceranch.com".
- "advice to student attending FurPeaceRacnch, by Geoff Achison".
- "Endorsement and Artist page".
- "1995 International Blues Challenge Winners".
- "1999 Album of the Month - for 'Mystery Train'".
- "Group of the Year' at the 2007 Australian Blues Music 'Chain' Awards".
- "Group of the Year - Geoff Achison & the Souldiggers".
- "2007 Readers Choice awards".
- "Top 10 ‘Hot New Guitarists’ on the US scene".
- "Awards from the Melbourne Blues Appreciation Society".