||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (November 2012)|
Geoff Fox (born July 26, 1950) is a former on-air American television meteorologist. For 27 years he was with the television station WTNH in New Haven, Connecticut, and later with WTIC-TV where he also reported science and technology stories for the 4 P.M. newscast and was the 11 P.M. weather anchor.
He became a meteorologist for the television station WTNH in New Haven, Connecticut.
On January 5, 2011, Fox was informed by WTNH management that his contract would not be renewed at the end of February. His departure received national media attention with reports of a "Keep Geoff Fox on WTNH" Facebook page receiving a number of "likes" ranging from 9,273 to over 10,450. He was hired by FOX affilitate WTIC-TV; in 2011 which was "seen as a marketing coup for the slogan Fox on Fox" where he did the weather and twice weekly science reports. He was fired after 19 months, for what the station identified as "inappropriate conduct"  later adding that it was "unfortunate and sad," but "necessary". Later on Fox developed an internet based company for designing and building websites. In early 2013 he officially decided to leave Connecticut and relocate to southern California. Fox is married and has an adult daughter.
- Ed Stannard (January 23, 2011). "WTNH shuts the door on Geoff Fox’s return; Popular weatherman told contract issue a distraction-". The New Haven Register. Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- "AMS List of TV Seal Holders". American Meteorological Society. Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- BILL KEVENEY (Aug 11, 1995). "Geoff Fox Likes Other Life `Inside Space'". Hartford Courant. Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- Joe Amarante (Jan 6, 2011). "WTNH (NEWS 8) to boot Geoff Fox off air". New Haven Register. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- Bates, Daniel (21 November 2012). "Geoff Fox fired after 'inappropriate' sexting chats with female photographer on Facebook are read by his bosses". Mail Online (London). Retrieved 9 December 2012.
- "Meteorologist Geoff Fox fired from Fox CT for 'inappropriate conduct'-". The New Haven Register -. November 16, 2012. Retrieved 9 December 2012.
- Mary E. O'Leary (Nov 20, 2012). Fox lost nearly 2000 of his followers on facebook following the scandeldoc50abeb6ac08ad401763951.txt "Geoff Fox fallout: Nothing private online; no laws protect jobs in wake of scandals". Shoreline Times. Retrieved 9 December 2012.