Early life and career
Clatworthy lived in Auckland. He was educated at St Peter's College. He was a Stockbroker and was a partner of stockbroking firm, Buttle Wilson & Co. In 1970 he was Australian Manager for UEB Industries.
Clatworthy was President and Chairman of the Auckland Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and was also Chairman of the Enterprise NZ Trust. He was a member of the Finance Advisory Committee of the Cancer Society of NZ Inc in 1992, and was later Chairman of that committee 1995-2002. He was a member of the Board Auckland Cancer Society for 21 years (1988–2009) and he was the president 2006-2009. In his role as the Chair of the Finance Advisory Committee, which he held from 1995–2002, he worked towards expanding the Societies’ finances and capability thus increasing funds that could go towards cancer research. Clatworthy served as the foundation Director of the Society’s trading arm, Daffodil Enterprises. Along with his voluntary work for the Cancer Society, he was a Justice of the Peace and was President of the Auckland Racing Club Committee, Chairman of the Young Enterprise Trust and President of the Auckland Chamber of Commerce.
Clatworthy died on Wednesday 5 December 2012 in Auckland at the age of 73.
- Queen's Birthday Honours 2010: for "services to the community"
- St Peter's College Magazine 1970.
- Enterprise New Zealand (accessed 7 July 2010
- Cancer Society of New Zealand Auckland Division Inc, Annual Report 2008/09, pp. 7 and 8.
- NewScan: Newsletter of the Cancer Society of New Zealand Auckland Division Inc, 4th Quarter 2006
- St Peter’s College Old Boys Newsletter, Issue No 3, 2010
- "Geoffrey John CLATWORTHY Obituary: View Geoffrey CLATWORTHY's Obituary by New Zealand Herald". Notices.nzherald.co.nz. Retrieved 2012-12-06.