|Revenue||€15.39 million (2009)|
Number of employees
|260 (September 2010)|
Geofoto is a Croatian company with 260 employees headquartered in Zagreb, Croatia with subsidiaries in Norway, Macedonia, Slovenia, Bolivia, Argentina, United Arab Emirates, Czech Republic and United Kingdom. Its main fields are Geomatics activities such as photogrammetry and geographic information systems (GIS). In Croatia it has won a number of business awards.
The company was founded in 1993 in Croatia and became the country's first aerial survey service and the lead producer of new topographic maps after the Croatian War of Independence. Exporting activities started in early 2000s (decade) and peaked in 2008 when the company acquired Geodetski zavod Slovenije d.d., the largest Slovenian surveying company for 4.5 million euros, ProCaptura, the Norwegian producer of advanced large format scanners, and Zenit, the largest Macedonian geodetic company.
In February 2010 the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) announced the acquisition of a 9.6% share of Geofoto for 4 million euros, estimating the value of the company to 42 million €, and projecting its increase to 230 million € in seven years. In March 2013, the EBRD has filed a petition for bankruptcy against the company.
Fleet and technology
Geofoto is recipient of several awards in business, technology and humanitarian work. The notable awards include:
- International Cartographic Association: First world prize for the best photomap of urban area, ICA Conference Ottawa, Canada, 1999
- International Cartographic Association: First world prize for the best orientation map (map of the Upper Town of Zagreb), ICA Conference Beijing, China, 2001
- Croatian Chamber of Economy awarded Geofoto with the certificate "Zlatna Kuna", the award for the most successful middle-sized Croatian company
- "Geofoto preuzeo Geodetski zavod Slovenije za 4,5 mil. eura". Poslovni dnevnik (in Croatian). 2008-10-17. Retrieved 2010-11-19.
- Marko Ćustić (11 February 2010). "EBRD za 4 milijuna eura postao suvlasnik Geofota" [EBRD buys a stake in Geofoto for 4 million Euros]. Nacional (in Croatian). Archived from the original on 24 July 2012. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "Croatia: EBRD moves to force Croatia's Geofoto into bankruptcy - media". Polish News Bulletin. 11 March 2013. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- Geofoto — Official website