||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (August 2011)|
|Traded as||BSE: 532312
|Industry||Engineering Services, Product lifecycle management, Information technology consulting|
|Manu Parpia (MD & CEO)|
Product lifecycle management Services & Solutions, Product Engineering, Embedded Systems development,Model Based Enterprise,Industrial and Production Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering,Software Engineering
|Revenue||$ 180.61 million (FY 15)|
Number of employees
Geometric Ltd is a specialist in the domain of engineering solutions, services and technologies.The company is headquartered in Mumbai, India. Its portfolio includes Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Global Engineering Services, Embedded System solutions, and Digital Technology solutions.
Geometric technology solutions(GTS) business unit develops design and manufacturing productivity tools and technologies that includes DFMPro®, CAMWorks®, GeomCaliper®,eDrawings® Publisher, Glovius®,NestLib®, Feature Recognition (FR), GeomDiff and 3DSearchIT®.
Key business verticals of this company are Aerospace, Automotive, Heavy Engineering and High-Tech.
Geometric was set up as a Division of Godrej and Boyce in 1984-85. The company was incorporated in 1994 and is headquartered in Mumbai, India. It is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India.Geometric is assessed at SEI CMMI 1.1 Level 5 for its software services and ISO 9001:2008 certified for engineering operations. The company’s operations are also ISO 27001:2005 certified.
|1984||Founded as part of the electronics business of Godrej & Boyce in India with operations in the Indian domestic market|
|1994||Geometric incorporated as an independent company|
|2000||Geometric IPO — Listed on the Indian Stock market|
|2002||Set up 3D PLM Software Solutions Ltd., a joint venture with Dassault Systèmes with an equity participation of - 70% from Geometric and 30% from DS respectively.|
|2005||Acquired TekSoft, Inc. (now renamed Geometric Technologies, Inc. - a division of Geometric Americas, Inc.)|
|2006||Acquired Modern Engineering, Inc. (now a part of Geometric Americas, Inc.).|
|2008||Launched DFMPro, a design for manufacturability tool|
|2013||Acquired 3Cap Technologies GmbH|
Offices and locations
- India: Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad
- Japan: Tokyo
- Singapore: Singapore
- China: Shanghai
- Australia: Sydney
- Korea : Seoul
- USA: Troy (MI), Moline (IL), Peoria (IL), Scottsdale (AZ), Plano (TX), Santa Clara (CA)
- Canada: Montreal
- UK: Bristol
- Germany: Stuttgart
- France: Toulouse, Saint-Jean-Bonnefonds
- Netherlands: Eindhoven
- Romania: Brasov
- "IT Innovators 2009" (PDF). www.nasscom.in. Retrieved 2010-07-23.
- "On the PLM path — Express Computer". Expresscomputeronline.com. 2004-11-29. Retrieved 2010-07-23.
- "Geometric to set up new centres in Brazil, China". dnaindia.com. 2007-03-15. Retrieved 2010-07-23.
- "Geometric Software sets up 100% arm in US". Expressindia.com. 1998-04-11. Retrieved 2010-07-23.
- "Geometric Software Solutions and Dassault Systemes Create Consulting & Services Partnership. - Free Online Library". Thefreelibrary.com. 2002-07-08. Retrieved 2010-07-23.