Geophysical Journal International
|Geophysical Journal International|
|Geophysical Journal, Geophysical Journal of the Royal Astronomical Society|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Geophys. J. Int.|
|Edited by||Jeannot Trampert|
Geophysical Journal International is a monthly peer-reviewed scientific journal published by Oxford University Press on behalf of the Royal Astronomical Society and the Deutsche Geophysikalische Gesellschaft (German Geophysical Society). The journal published original research papers, research notes, letters, and book reviews. It was established in 1922. The editor-in-chief is Jeannot Trampert (Utrecht University). The journal covers research on all aspects of geophysics, including planetary science.
The journal was formerly entitled Geophysical Journal (Oxford) from January 1988 to June 1989. The Geophysical Journal was itself formed by the merger of three other publications: Geophysical Journal of the Royal Astronomical Society, Journal of Geophysics, and Annales Geophysicae, Series B: Terrestrial and Planetary Physics.
Geophysical Journal of the Royal Astronomical Society was in existence from March 1958 to December 1987 and was preceded by Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, Geophysical Supplement. The Journal of Geophysics was in existence from 1974 to 1987, and preceded by the German-language journal, Zeitschrift für Geophysik (1924–1973).
Finally, Annales Geophysicae, Series B: Terrestrial and Planetary Physics was in existence from 1986 to 1987, and preceded by Annales Geophysicae( Gauthier-Villars) (1983–1985). Annales Geophysicae (Gauthier-Villars) was formed by the merger of two other journals: Annales de Geophysique (Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique) (1942–1982), and Annali di Geofisica (1948–1982).
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Chemical Abstracts Service - CASSI
- Advanced Polymer Abstracts
- Ceramic Abstracts
- Civil Engineering Abstracts
- Computer information & Technology Abstracts
- Earthquake Engineering Abstracts
- Engineered Materials Abstracts
- International Aerospace Abstracts & Database
- Materials Business File
- Meteorological & Geoastrophysical Abstracts
- Mechanical & Transportation Engineering Abstracts
- Technology Research Database
- Academic Search, Academic Search Premier
- Environmental Issues & Policy Index
- Elsevier BIOBASE
- EMBASE/Excerpta Medica
- GEOBASE/Geographical & Geological Abstracts
- Current Contents/Physical, Chemical & Earth Sciences
- Science Citation Index
- Current Index to Statistics
- Petroleum Abstracts
- Evans, J. R. (August 2010). "Editorial". Geophysical Journal International 156: 1. Bibcode:2004GeoJI.156....1E. doi:10.1111/j.1365-246X.2004.02199.x.
- "Chemical Abstracts Service Source Index". (CASSI) Bibliographic information for this journal. American Chemical Society. August 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-17.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Geochemistry & Geophysic". 2011 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2012.