Geophysical Research Letters
|Geophysical Research Letters|
|Abbreviated title (ISO 4)||Geophys. Res. Lett.|
|Discipline||Geophysics, Earth science, space science|
|Edited by||Eric Calais|
|Publisher||American Geophysical Union (United States)|
|Open access||"Frontier Articles" section|
Geophysical Research Letters is a biweekly peer-reviewed scientific journal of geoscience published by the American Geophysical Union that was established in 1974. The editor-in-chief is Eric Calais (Ecole Normale Supérieure).
Aims and scope
The journal aims for rapid publication of concise research reports on one or more of the disciplines covered by the American Geophysical Union, such as atmospheric sciences, solid Earth, space science, oceanography, hydrology, land surface processes, and the cryosphere. The journal also publishes invited reviews that cover advances achieved during the past two or three years. The target readership is the earth science community, the broader scientific community, and the general public.
Abstracting and indexing
This journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Computer & Control Abstracts
- Electrical & Electronics Abstracts
- Physics Abstracts. Science Abstracts. Series A
- Electronics and Communications Abstracts
- ISMEC Bulletin
- Pollution Abstracts
- Safety Science Abstracts Journal
- Life Sciences Collection
- Excerpta Medica
- Coal Abstracts
- International Aerospace Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts
- Energy Research Abstracts
- Science Citation Index Expanded
According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2012 impact factor of 3.982, ranking it 11th out of 170 journals in the category "Geosciences, Multidisciplinary". Geophysical Research Letters was also the 5th most cited publication on climate change between 1999 and 2009.
- Famiglietti, James S. (December 4, 2007). "Geophysical Research Letters: New Policies and Features". Eos, Transactions, American Geophysical Union (American Geophysical Union) 88 (49): 537–556. Bibcode:= 2007EOSTr..88..537F =. doi:10.1029/2007EO490001. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- Calais, Eric; Diffenbaugh, Noah; d'Odorico, Paolo; Harris, Ruth; Knorr, Wolfgang; Lavraud, Benoit; Mueller, Anne; Peterson, William; Rignot, Eric et al. (September 21, 2010). "New Policies Improve Journal". Eos, Transactions, American Geophysical Union 91 (38): 337. Bibcode:2010EOSTr..91..337C. doi:10.1029/2010EO380008. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Geosciences, Multidisciplinary". 2012 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2013.
- King, Christopher. "Warming Planet, Hot Research". ScienceWatch. Retrieved September 2011.