Georg Andreas Böckler
He was an architect in the city of Nuremberg and specialized in hydraulic architecture. Architectura Curiosa Nova was his most important work. It is mainly a book on theory and application of hydrodynamics for fountains, water-jets, garden fountains and well heads with many designs for free-standing fountains. The fourth part includes designs for grottoes and garden pavilions. In 1661 Böckler wrote Theatrum Machinarum Novum, an important work on windmills, pumps and other hydraulic machines.
- Various sources give a range of years for Böckler of 1644 to 1698 (the latter being the date of a posthumous publication of one of his works), but other sources give a more precise range, with an approximate birth year of 1617 and a death date of 21 February 1687.
- See footnote 2 on page 253 of Hans Gaab, Pierre Leich, Günter Löffladt, ed. (2004). "Johann Christoph Sturm". Acta historica astronomiae (Harri Deutsch Verlag) 22. ISBN 9783817117468.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Georg Andreas Böckler.|
- A webpage with illustrations of fountains from Architecturea Curiosa Nova, Pars Tertia
- Online text of Theatrum machinarum novum
- Books on line on the Architectura website: http://architectura.cesr.univ-tours.fr/Traite/Auteur/Bockler.asp?param=en