Magreitter with Austria U-21 in 2009
|Full name||Georg Margreitter|
|Date of birth||7 November 1988|
|Place of birth||Schruns, Austria|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|2008–2009||→ Magna Wiener Neustadt (loan)||30||(4)|
|2013–2014||→ Copenhagen (loan)||13||(0)|
|2014||→ Chesterfield (loan)||13||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15 December 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
In Summer 2008 he was loaned out to the newly formed Magna Wiener Neustadt. Margreitter established himself as a regular member of their central defence as the club won the Austrian Football First League (second tier).
He returned to LASK for the 2009-10 season and was made captain. In Summer 2010 he moved to fellow top flight side Austria Vienna, where he signed a contract until 2013. Here, he played European football with the team in the UEFA Europa League.
On 24 August 2012, Margreitter joined English side Wolverhampton Wanderers signing a four-year contract for an undisclosed fee, reported to be around £500,000. He made his club debut on 30 August 2012 in a 3–1 League Cup win at Northampton. Much of his season was however affected by injury problems, as well as the departure of Ståle Solbakken as manager, while subsequent managers did not select Margreitter. His sole league appearance for the club during the 2012–13 campaign was a ten-minute spell as a substitute in a match at Ipswich. The season saw the club relegated for a consecutive season, prompting to Margreitter to blog that there had been a "lack of hunger" among the players to win matches.
Out of the plans of new Wolves manager Kenny Jackett, Margreitter was sent on a season-long loan to Copenhagen in September 2013, where he reunited with his former Wolves manager Ståle Solbakken and played in the Champions League.
- "Professional retain list & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. 18 May 2013. p. 26. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Wolves sign Austrian defender Georg Margreitter". BBC Sport. 24 August 2012.
- "Wolves have no excuses now admits Stale Solbakken". Express & Star. 15 September 2012.
- "Northampton 1–3 Wolves". BBC Sport. 30 August 2012.
- "No hunger at Wolves, just flash cars - Georg Margreitter". Express & Star. 16 May 2013.
- "Kenny Jackett opens the door for Kevin Doyle at Wolves". Express & Star. 6 August 2013.
- "Chesterfield sign Wolves defender Georg Margreitter on loan". BBC Sport. 11 September 2014.