|Full name||George Lawrence Bagley August|
16 September 1917|
Mymensingh, Bengal Presidency, British Raj
|Died||13 October 1991
Bedford, Bedfordshire, England
|Relations||Philip August (son)|
|Domestic team information|
|Source: Cricinfo, 4 August 2011|
George Lawrence Bagley August (16 September 1917 – 13 October 1991) was an English cricketer. August was a right-handed batsman. He was born in Mymensingh, then in the British Raj and was educated at Bedford School in England, where he played for the school cricket team.
August made his debut for Bedfordshire against Cambridgeshire in the 1935 Minor Counties Championship, playing for the county until 1939. When World War II ended county cricket, he went on to serve in the war. He left the Officers' Training Corps with the rank of 2nd Lieutenant in November 1940, with the Royal Artillery. Following the war, he continued to play Minor counties cricket for Bedfordshire from 1946 to 1960, making a total of 92 Minor Counties Championship appearances. He made his first-class debut for the Minor Counties against the Marylebone Cricket Club in the 1950. In this match, he scored 27 runs in the Minor Counties first-innings before being dismissed by Fred Titmus, while in their second-innings he was dismissed by Victor Ransom for 11 runs. He made a further first-class appearance for the team in 1953 against the touring Australians. He scored 3 runs in the Minor Counties first-innings, before being dismissed by Bill Johnston, while in the second-innings he was run out for a duck.
In later life, August worked as a secretary at J. Gent & Son Limited, by October 1967 he was the chairman of the company, which was by then in the process of being wound up. He later died in Bedford, Bedfordshire on 13 October 1991. His son, Philip, also played Minor counties cricket for Bedfordshire.
- "Teams George August played for". CricketArchive. Retrieved 4 August 2011.
- The London Gazette: . 1941-01-03.
- "Minor Counties Championship Matches played by George August". CricketArchive. Retrieved 4 August 2011.
- "Marylebone Cricket Club v Minor Counties, 1950". CricketArchive. Retrieved 4 August 2011.
- "First-Class Matches played by George August". CricketArchive. Retrieved 4 August 2011.
- "Minor Counties v Australians, 1953". CricketArchive. Retrieved 4 August 2011.
- The London Gazette: . 1967-09-29.
- The London Gazette: . 1967-10-24.