George Byng, 4th Viscount Torrington
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Born||11 October 1740|
|Died||14 December 1812|
|Title||4th Viscount Torrington|
He gained the title 4th Viscount Torrington at the death of his father in 1750.
- Lucy Elizabeth Byng (17 October 1760 - 20 September 1844), married Orlando Bridgman, 1st Earl of Bradford, 29 May 1788.
- Georgiana Elizabeth Byng (1768 - 11 October 1801), married John Russell, later 6th Duke of Bedford, 1786.
- William Henry Byng (27 November 1769 - 23 November 1770)
- Isabella Elizabeth Byng (21 September 1773 - 1 May 1830), married Thomas Thynne, 2nd Marquess of Bath, 14 April 1794.
- William Henry Byng (baptized 4 June 1775 – 1792)
- George Byng (baptized 24 March 1777 - 13 October 1792)
- Emily Byng (? - 3 September 1824), married the Hon Henry Seymour, 1801.
- The Peerage #19704
- Mosley, Charles, editor. Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes. Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003, volume 1, page 900
- Byng, John. The Torrington Diaries. C.B. Andrew, editor. 4 vols. London: Eyre and Spottiswoode, 1934-8, volume 1, opposite page 382. Baptism dates drawn from the Southill Parish record book, available at the Bedfordshire and Luton Archives and Records Service, Bedford, UK.
- Gentleman's Magazine 62, 5 (November 1792), 1055
- Archival material relating to George Byng, 4th Viscount Torrington listed at the UK National Archives
|British Minister in Brussels
The Earl of Elgin
|Peerage of Great Britain|