George Coulouris (computer scientist)
|Institutions||Queen Mary, University of London
University of Cambridge
Imperial College London
|Known for||Content Addressable File Store|
George F. Coulouris is a British computer scientist and the son of actor George Coulouris. He is an emeritus professor of Queen Mary, University of London and is currently Visiting Professor in Residence at University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory and co-author of a textbook in distributed systems. He was instrumental in the development of ICL's Content Addressable File Store (CAFS) and he developed em, the Unix editor, which inspired Bill Joy to write vi.  
In 1971 he joined Queen Mary College as a lecturer. He became a reader in 1973 and a professor in 1978.  He retired from Queen Mary in 1998, and has been a visiting professor at the University of Cambridge since. 
George Coulouris's sister is artist Mary-Louise Coulouris.
- Naguib, H.; Coulouris, G.; Mitchell, S. (2002). "Middleware Support for Context-aware Multimedia Applications". New Developments in Distributed Applications and Interoperable Systems. IFIP International Federation for Information Processing 70. p. 9. doi:10.1007/0-306-47005-5_2. ISBN 0-7923-7481-9.
- Narasimhan, V. Lakshmi (1995). IEEE First ICA3PP, IEEE First International Conference on Algorithms and Architectures for Parallel Processing, Brisbane, Australia, 19–21 April 1995. IEEE. p. 890. ISBN 978-0-7803-2018-5. Retrieved 23 August 2011.
- Coulouris, G. F.; Evans, J. M.; Mitchell, R. W. (1972). "Towards Content-Addressing in Data Bases". The Computer Journal 15 (2): 95. doi:10.1093/comjnl/15.2.95.
- Vance, Ashlee (September 11, 2003). "Bill Joy's greatest gift to man – the vi editor". The Register. Archived from the original on 2012-06-30. Retrieved 2012-06-30.
- Coulouris, George. "Bits of History". Queen Mary, University of London. Archived from the original on 2012-07-02. Retrieved 2012-07-02.
- List of publications from Microsoft Academic Search
- "George Coulouris, Emeritus Professor of Computer Systems". Queen Mary, University of London. Archived from the original on 2012-06-30. Retrieved 2012-06-30.
- "Professor George Coulouris". University of Cambridge. Archived from the original on 2012-06-30. Retrieved 2012-06-30.