At Monte Carlo Festival
|Born||George Coleman Eads III
March 1, 1967
Fort Worth, Texas,
|Height||5' 11" (1.80 m)|
|Spouse(s)||Monika Casey (m. 2011)|
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (September 2009)|
Eads was born in Fort Worth, Texas and grew up in Belton. His father is Arthur Coleman "Cappy" Eads, a retired DA who died November 1, 2011. His mother is Vivian Baker (neé Athens). Eads has an older sister, Angela Eads Tekell, who is an attorney in Waco, Texas. Eads' stepfather, Dudley Baker, is a gynecologist. George graduated from Belton High School in 1985 and from Texas Tech University in 1989 with a degree in marketing. In college, he was a member of the Phi Delta Theta fraternity. Prior to beginning an acting career, Eads used to work as a copy machine salesman, as well as selling first aid and safety supplies for Cintas.
To pursue his acting career, he headed to Los Angeles, California, in a pickup truck borrowed from his stepfather. When he arrived in Los Angeles, he could only drive during the day because the truck had two broken headlights. Eads got his big break on the primetime soap opera Savannah. Though his character died in the pilot episode, Eads was so popular that producers continued to use him via flashbacks and eventually brought him back as the character's identical twin.
It was reported in August 2013, prior to CSI's fourteenth season, Eads was taking a leave of absence after having an altercation with a writer from the show over what was described as "creative issues."
In other media
In March, 2009, Eads was voted as one of TV Guide's Sexiest Male Actors in the TV Guide's Sexiest Stars issue. The Sexiest Stars issue voted The Mentalist's Simon Baker as the Sexiest Male Actor. Eads was not discouraged by this however, and said that he was very appreciative of his fans calling him "sexy."
"It’s sweet and kind. It makes me want to work harder for them. It makes me want to be sexier."
- Evel Knievel (2004, TV) as Evel Knievel
- Monte Walsh (2003, TV) as Frank "Shorty" Austin
- Second String (2002, TV) as Tommy Baker
- Just a Walk in the Park (2002) as Adam Willingford
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2000–present, TV series) as Nick Stokes
- Grapevine (2000, TV series) as Thumper Klein
- The Spring (2000, TV) as Gus
- Crowned and Dangerous (1997, TV) as Riley Baxter
- The Ultimate Lie (1996, TV) as Ben McGrath
- Savannah (1996, TV series) as Travis Peterson (pilot episode); as Nick Corelli (in the series)
- Dust to Dust (1994) as Black Wolf
- Young Justice (TV series) (2010–2012) as Barry Allen/Flash
- Justice League Unlimited (2004, 1 episode "Initiation") as Captain Atom
- Two and a Half Men (2008, Wedding reception guest on "Fish in a Drawer")
- ER (1998, paramedic on "Sharp Relief")