George Ferdinand Shaw
|George Ferdinand Shaw|
|Occupation||scholar, economist, historian|
George Ferdinand Shaw (Dr. George Ferdinand Shaw LL.D. FTCD)
(1821–1899, Dublin) was an Irish journalist and Professor of Greek. He served as a Senior Fellow at Trinity College Dublin, the first editor of The Irish Times and an editor on Saunder's News Letter, and wrote for The Nation and Evening Mail.
- Regius Professor of Greek
- Sizar, Fellow, Junior Dean and Registrar of Trinity College Dublin
- Professor of Latin (Trinity College Dublin)
- Journalist (First editor of The Irish Times)
- Council member and contributor to the Proceedings of The Statistical and Social Inquiry Society of Ireland
- Contributor to the Dublin Daily Mail
- Founder of the Home Government Association
- Irish News. New Zealand Tablet. XXVII, (33, 17): 9. August 1899 http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/cgi-bin/paperspast?a=d&d=NZT18990817.2.18
|url=missing title (help).
- Joyce, Joe. "The Editors". The Irish Times.[dead link]