George Grantham (economic historian)
|Born||May 11, 1941|
|Field||Economic history, Agricultural economics|
|Alma mater||Yale University (M.A. and Ph.D.(M.A.)|
|Influences||John Maynard Keynes
|Awards||Clio Can 2000|
George Grantham (also George W. Grantham) (born May 11, 1941) is an American economic historian and Emeritus Professor at McGill University. His contribution to economics has focused mainly on the agricultural development, particularly of the French rural economy in the 18th and 19th centuries. For many years before his retirement in 2009, he was a prominent teacher of economics at McGill University and in 2000 he was awarded the Cliometric Society's annual prize - the Clio Can for exceptional support to the field of cliometrics.
- Grantham, G. & MacKinnon, M. (1994). Labour market evolution: The economic history of market integration, wage flexibility, and the employment relation. London: Routledge.
- Grantham, G. (1989). Agricultural supply during the Industrial Revolution: French evidence and European implications. The Journal of Economic History, 49(01), 43-72.
- Grantham, G.W. (1993) Divisions of labour: agricultural productivity and occupational specialization in pre‐industrial France, The Economic History Review, Volume 46, Issue 3, pages 478–502, August
- Grantham, G.W. (1997) The French cliometric revolution: A survey of cliometric contributions to French economic history,European Review of Economic History, Volume 1, Issue 3,pp. 353-405
- Grantham, G.W., and Sarget, M. N. (1997). Espaces privilégiés: productivité agraire et zones d'approvisionnement des villes dans l'Europe préindustrielle. Annales, 695-725.
- Feminist Economics, Volume 18, Issue 4, 2012, Notes on Contributors (Accessed Jan 2013)
- Economic History Association:EH.NET (Accessed Dec 2011)
- Cliometrics Society: Awards (Accessed Dec 2012)
- Gaidar Forum /January 16-19, 2013, Russia and the World: Challenges of Integration:George Grantham (Accessed Jan 2013)
- Garside, W. R. (1996). Review of Grantham, G. & MacKinnon, M. (1994). Labour Market Evolution: The Economic History of Market Integration, Wage Flexibility and the Employment Relation. Business History, 38, 1, 172.
- Engerman, S. L. (1995). Review of Grantham, G. & MacKinnon, M. (1994). Labour Market Evolution: The Economic History of Market Integration, Wage Flexibility and the Employment Relation. Industrial & Labor Relations Review, 48, 4, 873.
- Shanahan, M. (1995). Review of Grantham, G. & MacKinnon, M. (1994).Labour Market Evolution: The Economic History of Market Integration, Wage Flexibility and the Employment Relation. The Economic History Review, 48, 3.)
|This biography of an American economist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|