|George Gene Gustines|
New York City
|Occupation||magazine editor, journalist|
|Notable credit(s)||The New York Times|
|Family||Aida and Jorge Gustines (parents)|
As a journalist, he has written for the New Jersey, Circuits (technology), Escapes, The City, Television and Arts and Leisure weekly sections, and the daily National, Culture and Business pages, of the Times.
Gustines joined the staff of the Times in 1991.
- "BOOKS OF THE TIMES: A Bittersweet Tale of Father and Daughter." (Review of Alison Bechdel's Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic) The New York Times, 26 June 2006.
- With Steve Schack. Papered Over. Producers Club, 1997 [self-produced].
- Bernatovech, Rich and Vecchio, Luciano. Sentinels, Book 1: Footsteps. Drumfish Productions, 2003. ISBN 0-9745885-0-4
- Bernatovech, Rich and Vecchio, Luciano. Sentinels, Book 2: Masks. Drumfish Productions.
- Sentinels Online - authors page
- "Copper, Penny and Brass That Aren't All They Seem." The New York Times, 30 June 1996.
- "Turning Mysteries of E-Mail and Technology Into Theater." The New York Times, 8 August 2002.
- "FORAGING: Twisted Tales of a Comic Book Connoisseur." The New York Times, 19 April 2002.
- "NEW YORK ILLUSTRATED: The Amazing Adventures of New York City." The New York Times, 3 November 2002.
- "For Young Viewers: Adventures of Robin and His Merry Band of Mega Friends." The New York Times, 20 July 2003.
- "COMICS: Straight (and Not) Out of the Comics." The New York Times, 28 May 2006.
- "For Youth, Fun at Camp Is a Dream Come True." The New York Times, 19 January 1995.
- "A Comic Book Gets Serious On Gay Issues; A Major Character Becomes A Victim of a Hate Crime." The New York Times, 13 August 2002.
- "MediaTalk: The City Hall Superhero, on Gay Marriage." The New York Times, 14 February 2005.
- "Steven Schack, George Gustines." The New York Times, 25 September 2005.
- Off-Off Broadway Reviews, June-July, 1997. Accessed 7 April 2007.