|Mayor of Grand Rapids, Michigan|
January 1, 2004
|Preceded by||John H. Logie|
|Alma mater||Albion College|
Prior to being mayor, Heartwell was a City Commissioner for the third ward of Grand Rapids from 1992-1999. Heartwell currently serves as President and CEO of Pilgrim Manor Retirement Community. He was Director of the Community Leadership Institute at Aquinas College, where he also was a professor in the Community Leadership undergraduate study program. Mayor Heartwell is an ordained minister for the United Church of Christ, and served for 14 years at Heartside Ministry, a program for the homeless in Grand Rapids. He was previously the president of Heartwell Mortgage Corporation. In August, 2007, Mayor Heartwell was re-elected to a second mayoral term in Grand Rapids. He won the primary election with 51% of the vote, eliminating the need for a general election run-off.
- 2005 - Albion College Distinguished Alumni Award
- "Mayor George Heartwell". City of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retrieved 5 March 2010.
- "Grand Rapids Mayor Discusses Theology and Politics at Albion College". Albion College. April 12, 2004. Retrieved 5 March 2010.[dead link]
- KIM, JOO EUN (April 1, 2005). "Mayor George Heartwell: why he matters". Calvin College Chimes. Retrieved 5 March 2010.
- "Distinguished Alumni Award Recipients by Induction Year". Albion College. Retrieved 5 March 2010.[dead link]
|Mayor of Grand Rapids, Michigan
2004 - present
|This article about a mayor in Michigan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|