Portrait of George Hollingsworth, 19th century
George Hollingsworth (1813–1882) was an artist in Massachusetts in the 19th century. He was affiliated with the Boston Artists' Association and the Lowell Institute. He lived in Milton, and kept a studio in Boston on Washington Street (c. 1848-1868).
- ^ Atlantic Monthly, Sept. 1888; p.384.
- ^ Bacon's dictionary of Boston. 1886; p.233.
- ^ Boston Directory. 1848, 1868.
- Albert Kendall Teele. "George Hollingsworth." The history of Milton, Mass., 1640-1887. Press of Rockwell and Churchill, 1887.
- Samuel L. Gerry. Old Masters of Boston. New England Magazine, v.3, no.6, Feb. 1891.
- Barbara N. Parker. George Hollingsworth and His Family. Bulletin of the Museum of Fine Arts, Vol. 50, No. 280 (Jun., 1952), pp. 30-31.
- Works by Hollingsworth
Portrait of the Hollingsworth Family, c. 1840 (courtesy Museum of Fine Arts, Boston)
Hollingsworth house, Milton, Mass., 1840s (courtesy Museum of Fine Arts, Boston)