George Frederick Hose was born on 3 September 1838. He was educated at St John's College, Cambridge and ordained in 1861. He began his career with curacies at Roxton and Marylebone. He was Chaplain of Malacca then Archdeacon of Singapore before his elevation to the Episcopate.
He retired in 1909 and died on 26 March 1922.
- "The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory" London, John Phillips, 1900
- “Who was Who” 1897-2007 London, A & C Black, 2007 ISBN 978-0-19-954087-7
- "Hose, George Frederick (HS858GF)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- The Times, Thursday, Jan 20, 1881; pg. 11; Issue 30096; col D News in Brief
- The Times, Tuesday, Mar 28, 1922; pg. 1; Issue 42991; col A Deaths
|Anglican Communion titles|
|Bishop of Labuan and Sarawak
1881 – 1909
William Robert Rupert Mounsey
|This article about a United Kingdom bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|