George John Bennett (organist)
George John Bennett was born on 5 May 1863 in Andover, Hampshire. He studied at the Royal Academy of Music under G.A. Macfarren and C. Steggall, and also abroad, in Berlin under H. Barth (piano) and F. Kiel (composition) as well as in Munich (1885-1887) under H. Bussmeyer (piano) and Josef Rheinberger (composition).
- St. John's Church, Pimlico
- Lincoln Cathedral (1895–1930)
- 2 overtures for orchestra
- Suite in D minor for orchestra
- Mass in B flat major for soli, choir and orchestra
- Piano trio in E major
- Piano pieces
- Organ pieces
- The Succession of Organists. Watkins Shaw.
John Matthew Wilson Young
|Organist and Master of the Choristers of Lincoln Cathedral
Gordon Archbold Slater
|This article about a British classical musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on an organist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|