George Junus Aditjondro
He had been a journalist for Tempo Magazine for sometime. During 1994 to 1995, his name appeared and became widely known as a “criticizers” during the reign of Ex President Soeharto's government in corruption and East Timor.
He left Indonesia for Australia for 7 years and was banned by the Ex President Soeharto’s regime in March 1998. He became a lecturer at the University of Newcastle in the field of sociology in Australia. Previously he was teaching at the Satya Wacana Christian University - Indonesia.
Upon his returned from Australia, he wrote several controversial books, which were documented from the web, newspapers, and and other sources. in November 2006 he attended a workshop in Thailand, however upon arrival he was arrested by the Thailand Immigration Authorities . Interpol arrested him based on the issued which was released by the Ex President of Indonesia “Soeharto” in 1998.
At the end of December 2009, During the launching of his book which entitled "Dismantling Cikeas Octopus", George was accused of committing violence against Ramadhan Pohan, who is a member of the Parliament from the “Democratic Party (Indonesia)”. The incident were reported to the local police. Later on he was arrested by the authority and also sued by Mr. Pohan.
Some time after the launching of his book, Ex President of Indonesia Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono expressed his concerns regarding the contents of the book. Soon, the books were taken off the shelves across the nation . At that time, there were no judicial decision were made regarding the circulation of the book. Many people & academia were considering that the books didn't based on the “Methodology” to prove the validity of the facts.
In November 2011 George Aditjondro was one of the speakers in the Faculty of Agricultural Technology of Gadjah Mada University, with the theme titled "Dissecting the Sultan Status Ground / Ground Pakualaman” concentrated on Yogyakarta region.”
George gave a controversy statement : ”The Palace of Yogyakarta is not similar to the British Empire nor the Sultan Palace. It is only a "Keraton" (Keraton : Kera yang ditonton). English translation: “watching the ape monkeying around").
As the result of his statement: a number of parties who were members of the Public Forum at Yogyakarta (FMY) reported this incident to the Regional Police (Polda) DIY.
According to FMY, George statement were insulting and abusing to the cultural institutions of Yogyakarta Palace ( Keraton ). George later on were charged with the clause 156 of the Criminal Code which refers to “the act of defamation of a person or institution”.
His colleague were saying that George is an irrational man and has a bad morality. For instance, last year, George were planning to marry another women , he decided to divorce his wife by asking the court to certify it. His excuses were plain and simple that he was not sexually satisfied with his wife and he believes that he made a wrong decision by marrying unintellectual wife. His planned was to giving up a parental rights.
During the trial, all the evidences and the acts were not enough for George to divorce his wife. In return the Judge recommended his wife to give a counter sue. He is definitely a master of deceit by making up stories and manipulating the facts. He is willing to discard his wife for the sake of filthy desire.
- "Chopping the global tentacles of the Suharto Oligarchy," Dr. George J. Aditjondro.
- Suharto & Sons (And Daughters, In-Laws & Cronies), George J. Aditjondro, The Washington Post, Sunday, January 25, 1998; Page C01.
- (Indonesian) "George Aditjondro: Betah Meneliti Korupsi", KOMPAS, 15 April 2006
- (Indonesian) "Aditjondro Gugat Kedubes Thailand", Detikcom, 12 November 2006
- (Indonesian) , "Sisi Lain George Aditjondro", August 31, 2006
- George Junus Aditjondro: Standing by the Marginalized, by Alpha Amirrachman, The Jakarta Post, January 9, 2007
- "George hit me with a book says Democrat Party official", The Jakarta Post, December 30, 2009
- Witnesses quizzed in George-Ramadhan case, The Jakarta Post, January 05, 2010
- Comments: 'George hit me with a book', The Jakarta Post, January 08, 2010
- "Sociologist George Aditjondro dossier sent to prosecutors: Police", The Jakarta Post, February 07, 2012
- (Indonesian) "George Aditjondro si kera yang berteriak kera", May 25, 2015
|This Indonesian academic-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|