George K. Simon
|George K. Simon|
February 1, 1948 |
|Occupation||Author, Public Speaker|
George K. Simon (born February 1, 1948) is a bestselling author and frequent weblog contributor. His wife, Dr. Sherry Simon, is also a professional, living and working in Little Rock.
George K. Simon, Jr., Ph.D. received his degree in clinical psychology from Texas Tech University. He has studied and worked with manipulators and other disturbed characters and their victims for many years. He has given over 250 workshops and seminars as well as made TV and radio appearances on the subject of dealing with manipulative people and other difficult personalities.
Simon's first book, In Sheep's Clothing: Understanding and Dealing with Manipulative People deals with manipulation. Simon discusses the tactics manipulators use to deceive and get the better of others. The book explains the tactics manipulators use to deceive and get the better of others and offers tips on how to avoid being victimized and how to be more empowered in any relationship.
His latest book, Character Disturbance: the Phenomenon of Our Age[dead link] attempts to provide an in-depth but readily understandable explanation of the most difficult and problematic personalities a person is likely to encounter as well as practical ways to keep from being victimized by them. This book also advances the perspective that the phenomenon of "neurosis" about which most traditional psychological frameworks are concerned and which was largely an outgrowth of the highly repressive Victorian culture, has faded in both prevalence and intensity in modern times, and that the issue of greater social concern in an era of permissiveness and entitlement is necessarily character disorder, which manifests itself not so much in bizarre psychosomatic symptoms but rather in distorted thinking patterns, problematic attitudes, and irresponsible behaviors, and which can neither be adequately understood nor effectively dealt with via traditional approaches.
Dr. Simon has written numerous articles on character impairment for several popular weblogs, and his own blog and is the principal composer of the patriotic anthem known as "America, My Home".[dead link]
In 1997 Dr. Simon appeared on the nationally syndicated The O'Reilly Report which originally aired on the Fox News Channel. In the Interview he discussed his book In Sheep's Clothing: Understanding and Dealing with Manipulative People. He has also appeared on CBS as well as Arkansas KTHV. Other appearances include. 3-18-97 "AM Focus" WMC NBC-Ch-4 Memphis, 3-28-97 "Metro Monitor" WBRC Fox Ch-6 Birmingham, 4-13-97 "Good Morning Texas" WFAA Dallas, 9-3-96 "Ch 11 Evening News" KTHV, 12-12-96 KTHV Morning Show.
|In Sheep's Clothing||August 2010||First published in 1996 by. A. J. Christopher & Company ISBN 096516960X. Currently, Parkhurst Brothers ISBN 9781935166306|
|Character Disturbance||October 2011||Published by Parkhurst Brothers ISBN 9781935166337|
- Simon, George. "Dealing with Manipulative People". manipulative-people.com. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- Simon, George (2010). In Sheep's Clothing: Understanding and Dealing with Manipulative People. Little Rock: Parkhurst Brothers. p. 176. ISBN 978-1-935166-30-6.
- Simon, George. "Character Disturbance: the phenomena of our age". manipulative-people.com. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- Lisa Armstrong (2007-09-16). "dealing with DIFFICULT people: Maumelle author still finds niche for book he wrote 11 years ago". Arkansasonline.com. Retrieved 2012-06-18.
- [dead link]
- Simon, George (2011). Character Disturbance: The Phenomenon of Our Age. Little Rock: Parkhurst Brothers. p. 256. ISBN 978=1=935166-33-7 Check
- George, Simon. "Budding Psychopaths or Immature Characters?". Counselling resource. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- [dead link]
- Dr. George Simon’s interview with Bill O’Reilly (Fox News- the orielly report) on his book In Sheep’s Clothing- Understanding and Dealing with Manipulative People « boldcorsic. Theboldcorsicanflame.wordpress.com (2011-11-28). Retrieved on 2012-06-18.
- Tactics of Manipulative People. YouTube (2008-07-15). Retrieved on 2012-06-18.
- Dr. George Simon interview | Video. todaysthv.com (2012-06-07). Retrieved on 2012-06-18.
- Conversation with Dr. George Simon: Understanding the troubled personality – 48 Hours. CBS News. Retrieved on 2012-06-18.