George William Lukin was the Dean of Wells between 1799 andhis death on 27 November 1812.
He was born in Braintree, Essex on 26 September 1739 and educated at Eton and Christ's College, Cambridge. He was Prebendary of Westminster from 1797 until his appointment as dean.
- ^ "The history and antiquities of Somersetshire" Phelps,W: London, J.B. Nichols & Son, 1839
- ^ "A concise history of the Cathedral Church of Saint Andrew, in Wells" Camp, J.M.F: Shepton Mallet, W.J. Quartley, 1814
- ^ "Cathedral Antiquities: Wells, Exeter, and Worcester" Britton,J London M. A. Nattali, 1836
- ^ British History On-line
- ^ Venn, J.; Venn, J. A., eds. (1922–1958). "Lukin, George William". Alumni Cantabrigienses (10 vols) (online ed.). Cambridge University Press.
- ^ Genealogical web site