George MacKay (actor)
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013)|
MacKay in 2009
13 March 1992 |
London, England, UK
George MacKay (born 13 March 1992) is an English actor.
MacKay was born in London. At the age of five, he produced, directed and created his own production of the play Peter and the Wolf with his friends playing the characters, and himself in the lead role of the Wolf so that he could swing from trees.
In 2002, MacKay was spotted whilst at the Harrodian School, by an acting scout, who asked him if he would like to audition for a role in P.J. Hogan's 2003 film adaptation of Peter Pan. He attended a workshop, and won the part of one of the Lost Boys, Curly, in what was his big break.
In 2005, at the age of thirteen, he won the role of Riccio in The Thief Lord, the film adaptation of Cornelia Funke's best selling children's novel. Later on in the same year, he was cast in the lead role in Johnny and the Bomb, a BBC three-part television drama adapted from Terry Pratchett's novel of the same name.
In the 2008 film Defiance he played Aron, the youngest of the four Bielski brothers and in 2009 he played Harry in The Boys Are Back. He will be starring in the Marc Evans-directed musical film Hunky Dory opposite Minnie Driver, Aneurin Barnard and Kimberley Nixon, which is set in 1970s Swansea.
For those in Peril (2013) as Aaron, Scottish BAFTA winner Best Actor 2013 (Scotsman)
In 2012 he acted as the main character, Private Tommo Peaceful in the film Private Peaceful.
In 2013 he acted as the main male character Edmund in How I Live Now with Saoirse Ronan, directed by Kevin MacDonald.
In 2013 he acted as one of the main male roles, Davy, in the musical Sunshine On Leith with songs by The Proclaimers directed by Dexter Fletcher.
- Peter Pan (2003) as Curly
- Rose and Maloney as Young Calum (1 episode, 2004)
- Footprints in the Snow (2005) (TV) as Nathan Hill
- The Thief Lord (2006) as Riccio
- Johnny and the Bomb (2006) (TV) as Johnny Maxwell
- Tsunami: The Aftermath (2006) (TV) as Adam Peabody
- The Old Curiosity Shop (2007) (TV) as Kit Nubbles
- Defiance (2008) as Aron Bielski
- The Boys Are Back (2009) as Harry
- Hunky Dory (2011) as Jake Zeppi
- Birdsong (2012) (TV) as Private Douglas
- The Best of Men (2012) (TV) as Private William Heath
- Private Peaceful (2012) as Private Tommo Peaceful
- How I Live Now (2013) as Edmond
- Sunshine on Leith (2013) as Davy
For those in Peril (2013) as Aaron, Scottish BAFTA winner Best Actor 2013