||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (October 2013)|
|Origin||New York, United States|
|Occupations||Songwriter, Recording Artist|
George Nozuka is a songwriter and recording artist.
George Nozuka's new album "Alone" captures the essence of relationships, romance, heart break, sexuality and love. "Alone" is now on iTunes. The single from the album "I'm Reaching Out" is now at radio. The music video shot by Aaron A. will be released later this summer. George recently released his New Single "I'm Reaching Out" on iTunes. The single was produced by Mark Pellizzer and Adam Messinger. "I'm Reaching Out" is the single off of his debut album "Alone" that is now on iTunes. George Nozuka released his debut album Believe in 2007. It was produced by Perry Alexander, Roy "Royalty" Hamilton and Anthony M. Jones and was released on HC Entertainment Group. On the recorded, Nozuka used his mononym George. Three tracks appearing on the album also credited to the mononym George were hits for him, namely "Talk to Me" in 2006 and "Lie to Me" and "Last Time" in 2007. Music videos for the songs were released all directed by RT!. The videos received wide coverage and appeared on Canada's specialized music cable channel MuchMusic's charts.
In 2012, after he released a mixtape entitled Love Me. For the mixtape and later works, he returned to using full name George Nozuka rather than the mononym George as in the case of Believe and earlier singles.
In 2013, George Nozuka released a new studio album called Beautiful.He also released a new music video for his first single from the album called "Don't Go".
In documentary Forgotten Children: The Story of Haiti's Restavecs
Through the Canadian section of Plan, namely "Plan Canada", he was involved in a documentary about restavecs, slave children in Haiti. The documentary directed by Craig Goodwill and entitled Forgotten Children: The Story of Haiti's Restavecs shows the situation of the restavecs through the eyes of different personalities including pop singer George Nozuka, a Canadian UN peacekeeper, some Haitian youth filmmakers and activists, and former working children themselves. He has produced "Hurting Child" for the documentary.
Featured with other performers
George is one of seven children to American Canadian mother Holly Sedgwick  and Japanese father Hiromitsu Nozuka. Sedgwick raised Nozuka and his six siblings as a single mother. He is the older brother of musician Justin Nozuka, musician Henry Nozuka, and actor Philip Nozuka. Other family members include Christian, another musician and two sisters, Margaret and Sandra (Sandy).
- 2012: Love Me
- 2006: "Talk to Me"
- 2007: "Lie to Me"
- 2007: "Last Time"
- 2013: "Don't Go"
- In 2007, George's music video "Lie to Me" won the music video director RT! the Best Director award. It was the second consecutive year that RT! was winning the Best Director Award
- Forgotten Children: The Story of Haiti's Restavecs featuring George Nozuka. Plan Canada.
- Video clip for ''Hurting Child'' by George with scenes from the documentary. Youtube.com (2008-09-16). Retrieved on 2013-06-14.
- Justin Nozuka | New Music And Songs. MTV. Retrieved on 2013-06-14.
- Sperounes, Sandra (2006-11-08) Famous uncle, Backstreet mentor inspire popster George. The Edmonton Journal. Retrieved on 2013-06-14.
- [dead link]http://www.cbc.ca/sunday/2008/05/051108_10.html
- Footage from MMVAs in 2007 for RT! winning Best Director for George's ''Lie to Me''. Youtube.com (2007-06-17). Retrieved on 2013-06-14.