George Sackville-West, 5th Earl De La Warr
|The Right Honourable
The Earl De La Warr
|Prime Minister||Sir Robert Peel, Bt|
|Preceded by||The Earl of Uxbridge|
|Succeeded by||The Earl Spencer|
|Prime Minister||The Earl of Derby|
|Preceded by||The Marquess of Breadalbane|
|Succeeded by||The Viscount Sydney|
|Born||26 October 1791|
|Died||23 February 1869|
|Spouse(s)||Lady Elizabeth Sackville
|Alma mater||Brasenose College, Oxford|
Sackville-West was the son of John West, 4th Earl De La Warr and Catherina Lyell, daughter of Henry Lyell, a naturalized British subject (born Henrik Leijel of the Swedish noble family Leijel, nr. 1531). He succeeded his father in the earldom in 1795 at the age of three.
- George Sackville, Viscount Cantelupe (1814–1850), Member of Parliament for Helston and Lewes, died unmarried.
- Charles Sackville-West, 6th Earl De La Warr (1815–1873).
- Reginald Sackville, 7th Earl De La Warr (1817–1896).
- Lady Elizabeth Sackville-West (1818–1897), married Francis Russell, 9th Duke of Bedford and had issue.
- Mortimer Sackville-West, 1st Baron Sackville (1820–1888).
- Lady Mary Catherine (1824–1900), married firstly, James Gascoyne-Cecil, 2nd Marquess of Salisbury and had issue. She married secondly, Edward Stanley, 15th Earl of Derby.
- Lionel Sackville-West, 2nd Baron Sackville (1827–1908).
- Hon. William Sackville-West (1830–1905), married Georgina Dodwell and had issue, including Lionel Sackville-West, 3rd Baron Sackville.
- Lady Arabella Diana Sackville-West (1835–1869), married Sir Alexander Bannerman, 9th Baronet.
- The London Gazette: . 17 September 1841.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Earl De La Warr
The Earl of Uxbridge
The Earl Spencer
The Marquess of Breadalbane
The Viscount Sydney
|Peerage of Great Britain|
John Richard West
|Earl De La Warr
Charles Richard Sackville-West