George Stewart Symes
GCB, GCMG, DSO
|Stewart Symes by Bassano. 12 July 1938|
|Governor of Tanganyika|
|Preceded by||Donald Charles Cameron|
|Succeeded by||Harold MacMichael|
|Governor-General of Sudan|
|Preceded by||John Maffey|
|Succeeded by||Hubert Jervoise Huddleston|
He was Governor of the Palestine North District from 1920 to 1925, Chief Secretary to the Government of Palestine from 1925 to 1928, Resident of Aden from 1928 to 1931, Governor of Tanganyika from 1931 to 1933 and Governor-General of the Anglo-Egyptian Sudan from 1934 to 1940.
- Robertson. J.W. (September 2004). "Symes, Sir (George) Stewart (1882–1962)". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. Oxford University Press. Retrieved 10 February 2009.
- Lieutenant Colonel Sir (George) Stewart Symes
- Long, Charles William Richard (2004). British Pro-consuls in Egypt, 1914-1929: The Challenge of Nationalism. Routledge. p. 215. ISBN 0-415-35033-6.
- The Malvern Register, 1905
- The Anglo Boer War : Symes, G.S.
- The Peerage : George Symes
- Aden Airways : George Symes
|This article about a person involved in governance in the United Kingdom or its predecessor states is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|