Now a music, performance and arts venue, known for photoshoots and filming. Kate Moss, Amy Winehouse and Sir Ian McKellen helped campaign to stop development on part of the site – the infamous Stepney’s Club with light up dance floor.
In October 2008, The George Tavern was runner-up in Stella's "Love Your Local Campaign", a competition to find London's best loved pubs and highlight the struggling pub industry.
- "Venue Review - George Tavern, Whitechapel." Tourdates. 17 October 2008.
- "Kate and Amy team up for pub." The Sun. 31 January 2008.
- "Amy Winehouse and Kate Moss team up to help save pub – Tabloid Hell." NME. 31 January 2008.
- "Gandalf conjures up support for campaign to save the George." Evening Standard. 24 April 2008.
- "By George! Kate and Amy win battle to save stars' music pub." Evening Standard. 31 January 2008.
- "Inn crowd battle for pub." Evening Standard. 3 August 2008.
|This article about a London building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|