George W. Rice (businessman)
George Washington Rice (1823–1856) was an American businessman known for founding the Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company.
George Washington Rice was born on 7 November 1823 at Springfield, Massachusetts to John and Joanna Warriner Rice. Rice married Jane C. Marsh on 11 April 1849 in West Springfield, Massachusetts. Children of George and Jane Rice were George W. Rice, Jr. (1853–1933), Katherine Rice (b. 1855) and Ada Rice (b. 1856). George Washington Rice founded the Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company and the Springfield 5 Cent Savings Bank. George Washington Rice died on 4 August 1856 in Springfield, MA.
Genealogy and family relations
- George Washington Rice, son of
- John Rice (1782–1841), son of
- Nathan Rice (1760–1838), son of
- John Rice (1704–1771), son of
- Ephraim Rice (1665–1732), son of
- Thomas Rice (1626–1681), son of
- Edmund Rice (c. 1594–1663)
- Edmund Rice (1638) Association, 2011. Descendants of Edmund Rice: The First Nine Generations. (CD-ROM) Edmund Rice (1638) Association.
|This business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|