George Washington Inn
|George Washington Inn|
|Location||Port Angeles, Washington|
|Address||939 Finn Hall Road
Port Angeles WA 98362
|Opening||February 16, 2008|
|Owner||Dan Abbott - Proprietor
Janet Abbott - Innkeeper
|Number of suites||5|
George Washington Inn is a bed and breakfast inn located between Sequim and Port Angeles on the Olympic Peninsula in the U.S. state of Washington. It was built as a replica of Mount Vernon, the home of George Washington. The inn opened for business on February 16, 2008. Located near the Olympic National Park, the inn is on a ten acre waterfront estate and lavender farm at the foot of the Olympic Mountains. The Strait of Juan de Fuca stretches northward from the inn's 130 foot (40 m) high bluff to the city of Victoria, British Columbia and the San Juan Islands. The New Dungeness Light, the Discovery Island Light and the Race Rocks Light are all visible from the inn.
A reproduction of The Washington Family by Edward Savage (artist) hangs above the inn's grand staircase.  Also known for its in-house brand of coffee, George Washington Inn has sent packages of specialty coffee to overseas troops since its beginning. This Port Angeles bed and breakfast inn is a member of the Olympic Peninsula Bed and Breakfast Association and is also listed with numerous B&B registries and chambers of commerce. Its lavender farm, known as Washington Lavender Farm, is part of Sequim's Heritage Lavender Farm Tour, hosted each summer on the third weekend in July by the Sequim Lavender Farm Faire. George Washington Inn was registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office on August 14, 2007.         
- Oden, Ashley (2008-02-20). "Mount Vernon replica celebrates grand opening". Sequim Gazette (SequimGazette.com). Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- "The Story Behind "The Washington Family"". PortAngelesVision.com. 2009-03-11. Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- Urbani de la Paz, Diane (2010-05-11). "East meets West -- and it's 'spectacular' at the George Washington Inn". Peninsula Daily News. PeninsulaDailyNews.com. Retrieved 2010-05-12.
- "Support Our Troops". GeorgeWashingtonCoffee.com. Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- Miller, Ashley (2008-09-17). "Operation Coffee: Inn owners donate roasted beans to soldiers". Sequim Gazette (SequimGazette.com). Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- "George Washington Inn Trademark". George Washington Inn. Retrieved 2010-05-02.
- "George Washington Inn bed and breakfast - Port Angeles, Washington". Bedandbreakfast.com. Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- "George Washington Inn (Port Angeles, WA) - B&B Reviews". TripAdvisor. Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- "George-Washington-Inn". Port Angeles Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- "George-Washington-Inn". Sequim Dungeness Valley Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "George-Washington-Inn". Forks Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- Urbani de la Paz, Diane (2010-04-15). "TV star Saget learns about Bigfoot on Peninsula; stays at George Washington Inn during taping". Peninsula Daily News (PeninsulaDailyNews.com). Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- "Bob Saget, film crew visit B&B". Sequim Gazette (SequimGazette.com). 2010-04-28. Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "Views and allure of lavender a perfect match for visitors". Sequim Gazette/Sequim Lavender Farm Faire (SequimGazette.com). 2012. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
|This tourism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|