George Williams (footballer, born 1995)
|Full name||George Christopher Williams|
|Date of birth||7 September 1995|
|Place of birth||Milton Keynes, England|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Playing position||Forward / Winger|
|?–2011||Milton Keynes Dons|
|2011–2012||Milton Keynes Dons||2||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17:15, 12 January 2015 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
On 12 November 2011, Williams made his début in the FA Cup victory over Nantwich Town, briefly becoming Milton Keynes Dons' youngest ever player, before scoring his first professional goal making him Milton Keynes Dons youngest goalscorer being 16 years, two months and five days old. The goal also made him the youngest ever scorer within the FA Cup proper rounds.
Following his move to Fulham, MK Dons chairman Pete Winkelman said he was disappointed seeing Williams leave the club and told the club's official website "We are very disappointed that George has chosen not to take up his scholarship or the offer of a professional contract with MK Dons and has instead decided his future is best served with Fulham".
Williams qualifies for Wales through his mother and represented Wales at under-17 and under-19 levels. On 5 March 2014, Williams made his Wales under-21 debut as an 83rd minute substitute in a 1–0 defeat to England. On 27 May 2014, he was called up to the senior Wales squad for a friendly match against Holland to be played on 4 June 2014 as a replacement for the injured Gareth Bale. He made his international debut as a replacement for Jonathan Williams in the 70th minute of the match.
- "Premier League Clubs submit Squad Lists" (PDF). Premier League. 4 February 2014. p. 15. Retrieved 29 July 2014.
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2012). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2012–2013 (43rd ed.). London: Headline. p. 499. ISBN 978-0-7553-6356-8.
- "MK Dons 6–0 Nantwich Town". BBC Sport. 12 November 2011.
- "ROBBO: BOY DON GOOD". Milton Keynes Dons FC. 12 November 2011. Archived from the original on 16 June 2012.
- "FFC Sign Williams". Fulham FC. 14 June 2012.
- "Dons irked as Cottagers pounce". Sky Sports. 14 June 2012. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- "Wales". George Williams. Retrieved 20 April 2014.
- "England U21 1–0 Wales U21". BBC Sport. Retrieved 20 April 2014.
|This biographical article related to association football in England, about a midfielder born in the 1990s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|