George Williams (footballer born 1995)
|Full name||George Christopher Williams|
|Date of birth||7 September 1995|
|Place of birth||Milton Keynes, England|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Milton Keynes Dons|
|2011–2012||Milton Keynes Dons||2||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14:09, 21 November 2013 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
On 12 November 2011, Williams made his début in the FA Cup victory over Nantwich Town briefly becoming MK Dons' youngest ever player, before scoring his first professional goal making him Milton Keynes Dons youngest goalscorer being 16 years, two months and five days old. The goal also made him the youngest ever scorer within the FA Cup proper rounds.
Following his move to Fulham, MK Dons Chairman Pete Winkelman said he was disappointed seeing Williams leave the club and told the club's official website "We are very disappointed that George has chosen not to take up his scholarship or the offer of a professional contract with MK Dons and has instead decided his future is best served with Fulham".
Williams qualifies for the Wales national team and has represented Wales at Under 17 level.
- As of 9 May 2013
|England||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Europe||Total|
|2011–12||MK Dons||League One||2||0||1||1||–||–||3||1|
|MK Dons total||2||0||1||1||0||0||0||0||3||1|
- "Search 1984 to 2006 – Birth, Marriage and Death indexes". Findmypast.com. Retrieved 2011-11-13.
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2012). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2012–2013 (43rd ed.). London: Headline. p. 499. ISBN 978-0-7553-6356-8.
- "MK Dons 6-0 Nantwich Town". BBC Sport. 12 November 2011.
- "ROBBO: BOY DON GOOD". Milton Keynes Dons FC. 12 November 2011. Archived from the original on 16 June 2012.
- "FFC Sign Williams". Fulham FC. 14 June 2012.
- "Dons irked as Cottagers pounce". Sky Sports. 14 June 2012. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
|This biographical article related to association football in England, about a midfielder, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|