George Windsor-Clive (1835–1918)
Windsor-Clive was a younger son of the Hon. Robert Henry Clive, grandson of Edward Clive, 1st Earl of Powis, and great-grandson of Robert Clive, 1st Baron Clive ("Clive of India"). His mother was Harriet Windsor, 13th Baroness Windsor, daughter of Other Hickman Windsor, 5th Earl of Plymouth, while Robert Windsor-Clive was his elder brother and Robert Windsor-Clive, 1st Earl of Plymouth, his nephew. He was elected to the House of Commons as Member of Parliament (MP) for Ludlow at a by-election in 1860, a seat he held until he retired from Parliament at the 1885 general election.
Windsor-Clive married the Hon. Gertrude Albertine, daughter of Charles Rodolph Trefusis, 19th Baron Clinton, in 1876. She died in April 1878. Windsor-Clive remained a widower until his death in April 1918, aged 83.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "L" (part 4)[self-published source][better source needed]
- Craig, F. W. S. (1989) . British parliamentary election results 1832–1885 (2nd ed.). Chichester: Parliamentary Research Services. pp. 193–194. ISBN 0-900178-26-4.
- Craig, F. W. S. (1989) . British parliamentary election results 1885–1918 (2nd ed.). Chichester: Parliamentary Research Services. ISBN 0-900178-27-2.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by George Windsor-Clive
- "Hon. George H.W. Windsor-Clive", Debrett's Illustrated House of Common, publ. 1867
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
Percy Egerton Herbert
|Member of Parliament for Ludlow
With: Beriah Botfield 1860–1863
Sir William Fraser 1863–1865
John Edmund Severne 1865–1868
(representation reduced to one member 1868)
Robert Jasper More
|This article about a Conservative Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom born in the 1830s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|